GEN 2 Rokblokz install issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everything went great with the mud flap install except 1 screw. I went to screw the middle screw on on the front passenger side, and it would never get fully tight, now I go to unscrew it, and it will not come out either. I have no idea what I was ******** into and what’s behind the fender flare/ brake wheel well but I do not want to tear this thing fully apart it would be a pain in the ass. I figured there would be no issues bolting on a simple mudflap kit. Is there a but back there that got loose and is moving around? I can hear something turn when I try to screw and unscrew behind the painted part of the front fender.
I even pull abs push on the screw to try to get it to push out but I’m having no luck and I’m not sure how to fix this. I used the screws provided which were much more aggressively threaded then the stock ones

I can pull it out slightly and there other screws are tight but this just bugs me and I want it right.

IMG_4212.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did it just miss or push back the clip it screws into?

I was thinking possibly that , maybe it pushed the clip back? If there is a clip in there, but there’s no way for me to easily tell and I can’t pull on the screw and get traction for it to unscrew it’s way out

Reaction score
E-Mail Rokblokz. When I ordered mine, I was emailed about the wrong screws being sent in the package. I emailed them and had the right screws mailed to me. Might be the same problem.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything went great with the mud flap install except 1 screw. I went to screw the middle screw on on the front passenger side, and it would never get fully tight, now I go to unscrew it, and it will not come out either. I have no idea what I was ******** into and what’s behind the fender flare/ brake wheel well but I do not want to tear this thing fully apart it would be a pain in the ass. I figured there would be no issues bolting on a simple mudflap kit. Is there a but back there that got loose and is moving around? I can hear something turn when I try to screw and unscrew behind the painted part of the front fender.
I even pull abs push on the screw to try to get it to push out but I’m having no luck and I’m not sure how to fix this. I used the screws provided which were much more aggressively threaded then the stock ones

I can pull it out slightly and there other screws are tight but this just bugs me and I want it right.

View attachment 117614

I don't remember what I did but definitely don't leave it like that. It will probably get torn off. I would back out the screw with an extra flat head screw driver using it like a pry bar or use a pair of pliers and then try the factory screw. I don't remember if there was a clip or not but I want to say yes. I would take it off and look/feel for the clip to make sure it is secured correctly

EMPAC623

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 117614

Front ones try and use the larger screws they send? Probably just stripped the fender hole and need a little
Bigger screw. I didn’t reuse the OEM screws

Never mind read you used the new screws. It’s not hard to just unscrew the top and bottom then use needle nose to remove the middle screw form the flap. It’ll take 2 minutes. Now the rear flaps are the pain ones.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know what size screws and pitch these are? Had a few pop out when off-roading and want to just head to the local Hardware store for new screws and washer