GEN 1 Rogue Racing - out of business

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried calling Rogue Racing today to buy a uniball rebuild kit for my Rogue UCAs. I was told that Rogue was out of business and that the company answering the phone (something like Ford Truck Accessories) is taking their business over.

I was surprised that they went out of business, so I was wondering if anybody had background on that.

Also, if anybody knows the outer diameter of the uniballs on the Rogue upper control arms, please let me know.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I tried calling Rogue Racing today to buy a uniball rebuild kit for my Rogue UCAs. I was told that Rogue was out of business and that the company answering the phone (something like Ford Truck Accessories) is taking their business over.

I was surprised that they went out of business, so I was wondering if anybody had background on that.

I didn't know someone was taking over.

I think it started to come apart when Robby Woods left.

itoito06

Reaction score

Also, if anybody knows the outer diameter of the uniballs on the Rogue upper control arms, please let me know.
Hey bigrig, I know this is an old post, but figured I'd answer anyways just in case you still needed to figure out the uniball size on the rogue UCAs. I believe they are a 1in uniball. However, the shop that my truck is currently at recommended I upgrade to the delta joint retrofit kit from Icon. Not exactly cheap, but they said it's significantly better than the standard uniballs that came with the ucas. The part number was 614564. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
bigrig

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@itoito06, this is super helpful. Thank you!

To close the loop on my situation, I ended up getting a direct replacement from Kartek. The part numbers were FKBWSSX16T for the uniballs and KTK9044SR for the snap rings. I had planned on installing them next weekend with this tool I picked up at Total Chaos.

I will probably pick up a set of the delta joints so I have a better solution for the next time they go out though. I really like the idea of having a zerk fitting to lube them on a regular basis rather than relying on the teflon coating on the other uniballs.

itoito06

Reaction score
@itoito06, this is super helpful. Thank you!

To close the loop on my situation, I ended up getting a direct replacement from Kartek. The part numbers were FKBWSSX16T for the uniballs and KTK9044SR for the snap rings. I had planned on installing them next weekend with this tool I picked up at Total Chaos.

I will probably pick up a set of the delta joints so I have a better solution for the next time they go out though. I really like the idea of having a zerk fitting to lube them on a regular basis rather than relying on the teflon coating on the other uniballs.
Glad I could help! I've yet to pickup the truck from them since I asked them to send out my shocks for a rebuild (gonna be about 2 or so weeks) but would hope that the overall feel of it is improved from all this maintenance its getting.

jasonc

Reaction score
After never hearing back from Rogue, I stumbled on this post..... I realize this is a Gen1 post, but maybe the parts coincide.... I have the gen2 stage 16 on my 17' and my UCA uni's seem fine, i think I am going to replace them anyway, but I know my lower uniballs are bad, anyone know the exact part number for those? There seems to be a huge price jump from the WSSX16T to the WSSX24T. I am leaning towards the 24T's, but would love to know before I order them. I'd rather not have to tear my truck down to find out and render it useless until replacements come in. Thanks!

itoito06

Reaction score
After never hearing back from Rogue, I stumbled on this post..... I realize this is a Gen1 post, but maybe the parts coincide.... I have the gen2 stage 16 on my 17' and my UCA uni's seem fine, i think I am going to replace them anyway, but I know my lower uniballs are bad, anyone know the exact part number for those? There seems to be a huge price jump from the WSSX16T to the WSSX24T. I am leaning towards the 24T's, but would love to know before I order them. I'd rather not have to tear my truck down to find out and render it useless until replacements come in. Thanks!
Seems like the rogue website is still up and is really helpful in finding stuff like this out. From a quick search, it looks like the lower is a 1.5" uniball. See link below.