Rod End Boots- extend rod end life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Saw these a few times and I finally found a source for them. These really help extend the life of your hiem joints (aftermarket steering setups) especially when you use it offroad and during the salty snowy winters we have here. Mud and salt kill them. I wear my rod ends out quick so with these protective boots and a little bearing oil I extend their life big time. These fit 3/4 and 7/8 rod ends. 15.99 for 2 plus shipping

Attachments

• IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0915.jpg
    IMG_0915.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 76

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Best way to install these is steam them first. Otherwise they don't stretch enough to fit over the heim end

Borrow the wife / significant others vegetable steamer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Turn them inside out. Then roll it on like a... ******. Lol...

It worked really well.

Dave what kind of grease did you use? The rod ends have a Teflon lining so you need something that won't harm it.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
khcdave

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I use triflow dry spray on all my rod ends including uniballs. its meant for use on this stuff- doesnt damage teflon inserts. You can get it from REI or online. Spray a little in the boot and it slides right over the rod end.

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

steaming isnt a bad idea either or warm water. Once you spray inside they slide on pretty easy- just need to stretch a little

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I used a bit of electrical grease, but will check out what your recommending.

Next time try the inside out method. It literally rolled right over it. I tried heating it and a little lube. But still was fighting it.

Inside out and roll it on backwards. Easy peasy!

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh boy I look forward to this challenge. Will try the triflow spray and perhaps also getting them soft with some hot water. Been so long since I used a ****** I don't know if I can remember!!:snoopfacepalm: