Rock/underbody lights for a purpose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score
How did you secure the lights to the running boards?
40lb magnets off Amazon. All lights were attached with magnets. Way easier than drill. My lights had hole in middle. Thread magnet through hole and attach to running board. Extremely strong attachment.

Attachments

• 4133B877-FDC3-49DE-B852-2819E408E1AD.jpeg
    4133B877-FDC3-49DE-B852-2819E408E1AD.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 9
  • E76D8BC6-891C-40D5-B03B-DC8CF91F42A3.jpeg
    E76D8BC6-891C-40D5-B03B-DC8CF91F42A3.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 9

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score
Nice!!! Were you able to use the wiring that the KC cyclones came with and run it all fit back to the fuse block? I am looking to do this as well on my gen 2! Thanks!
Not sure. They used wiring included in the box but don’t know if they had to add any. I had lights professionally installed.

Reaction score
View attachment 369253
View attachment 369254
2021 Raptor 35. I had amber kc hilites cyclone v2 rock lights installed front, rear, and attached under the running boards. Wired to switch #4.
What were your mounting locations front/rear? Can you post pics of them? I had the dealership install KC RGB rocklights under mine, but they did 2x per side of the frame between front/rear tires - like your running board locations, but on the frame itself. The other 4 lights are centered in the top of the wheelwells. I'm trying to decide if I want to move the ones in the wheelwells to 2x front, 2x rear. I also have to use an app to control them :/

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What were your mounting locations front/rear? Can you post pics of them? I had the dealership install KC RGB rocklights under mine, but they did 2x per side of the frame between front/rear tires - like your running board locations, but on the frame itself. The other 4 lights are centered in the top of the wheelwells. I'm trying to decide if I want to move the ones in the wheelwells to 2x front, 2x rear. I also have to use an app to control them :/
Welcome to FRF
Pics or prius.

I just finished up (mostly) a rock light install, I’ll get pics uploaded and do a write up.

Wraith SRT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40lb magnets off Amazon. All lights were attached with magnets. Way easier than drill. My lights had hole in middle. Thread magnet through hole and attach to running board. Extremely strong attachment.
I did the same thing on my camper...used the rare earth magnets - super strong! Good idea!

Wraith SRT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine has the puddle lights in the mirrors but I'm looking for a little more.
Wondering if there's a way to wire/trigger any type of lighting installed under by the puddle lights, but also have them on a switch in the upfitter?