Rock Trix RT111 - Teardrop Multispoke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey forum, I have been looking at these wheels pretty seriously and wanted to get some input/advice before pulling the trigger.

Here are the specs:

*Bolt pattern: 6x135
*Backspacing: -12mm
*Size 17x9”
*Load Rating: 2,000 pounds

*Price (with discount): $107 per wheel.

I know the offset will make the tire poke out a bit over stock but do you think it’ll be all that noticeable? I’m running OEM raptor wheels now. Below is the link for more details, any input would be great.

Also, I’m not interested in buying Methods, yes they look great but I need to buy 5 wheels (matching spare) and not trying to spend $1,100 on wheels at the moment.

Thank you.

https://rocktrix.com/products/rt111

62427677-4138-4BC1-B057-A0D13C439F96.jpeg

RoushJake

Reaction score
I’ll attach a few pics of my Weld’s that are the same specs. 17x9 4.5 backspace (-12mm). They sit nice but much further out then stock and further then methods. Decent looking wheel, but I couldn’t imagine rolling around on wheels that cost $100 a piece. Wheels/tires are one place that should never be cheaped out on, especially on a 6k lb truck. I’m sure the quality and strength is fine. But just my thoughts.
e70e5e68abaf09b0871216222b978b04.jpg
f90c7d5b89cf6c30d9e93dafa2847086.jpg
91f74c4125ec775a0c8ce64c19d935b7.jpg
c7fd476df0cb372b2a78f7ec99a6c49c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
98rangerdave

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decent looking wheel, but I couldn’t imagine rolling around on wheels that cost $100 a piece. Wheels/tires are one place that should never be cheaped out on, especially on a 6k lb truck. I’m sure the quality and strength is fine. But just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I understand the price seems low. They sell for $130 usually but I have a contact that can help me with pricing a bit so that’s why my cost is a little lower. As far as the load ratings, the Method standard and double standards have a load rating of 2500 and the Fuel racing wheels have the same 2500 load rating. Does 500 pounds per wheel make a big difference? Not being funny, really wanting to know.

Full disclosure, I have a 2012 F-150 XLT with the full Raptor suspension swap. So my truck weighs 5,100 pounds. About 1,000 pounds less than the real Raptor. If that matters.

Photos attached:

BB85B054-03F3-438F-B755-B274B825545E.jpeg

F0AF7BEC-0335-4051-ADBE-3725734A14DE.jpeg

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I understand the price seems low. They sell for $130 usually but I have a contact that can help me with pricing a bit so that’s why my cost is a little lower. As far as the load ratings, the Method standard and double standards have a load rating of 2500 and the Fuel racing wheels have the same 2500 load rating. Does 500 pounds per wheel make a big difference? Not being funny, really wanting to know.

Full disclosure, I have a 2012 F-150 XLT with the full Raptor suspension swap. So my truck weighs 5,100 pounds. About 1,000 pounds less than the real Raptor. If that matters.

Photos attached:

View attachment 161000

View attachment 161002

If you're gonna street queen it then you'll be fine. If you plan on doing some harsh off road then I wouldnt be surprised if you break a wheel.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I can't believe you aren't a fan of Mr. Newsom, he seems like a real peach of a guy! A real "salt of the earth" type.

OP
OP
98rangerdave

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're gonna street queen it then you'll be fine. If you plan on doing some harsh off road then I wouldnt be surprised if you break a wheel.

Any real world experiences to back this up? Again, not trying to be an ass. Just trying to figure out how a 2000 pound load rating would be catastrophic compared to the 2500 pound load rating. I don’t jump over roads or go 100 MPH in the dirt. I tackle fire roads maybe 8 times a year and do 80% freeway driving for my commute. It’s definitely clay barred more times than being covered in mud if that makes sense.

OP
OP
98rangerdave

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe you aren't a fan of Mr. Newsom, he seems like a real peach of a guy! A real "salt of the earth" type.

Not to derail the thread, but I really hope the recall efforts go through. This state has been closed for about a year and this is all getting so ridiculous.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any real world experiences to back this up? Again, not trying to be an ass. Just trying to figure out how a 2000 pound load rating would be catastrophic compared to the 2500 pound load rating. I don’t jump over roads or go 100 MPH in the dirt. I tackle fire roads maybe 8 times a year and do 80% freeway driving for my commute. It’s definitely clay barred more times than being covered in mud if that makes sense.

Sorry ahead of time if I sound like an ass. The load ratings you posted are static and doesnt give dynamic load ratings. Dynamic forces are hard to calculate because it depends on speed and angle of impact but you can see numbers 2-4 times higher than static depending on how rough you get. My biggest concern is if a major failure happens, let's just say the wheel cracks and fails on the "spokes". Not only are you out of a wheel but you most likely damage anything around it as it comes flying off. I'm a firm believer of "buy once, cry once" but that doesnt mean you have to spend an arm and a leg on everything either. It doesnt seem like you're using this truck like it was built for so you'll be fine. But then you gotta ask yourself, "why do I own a raptor?"

OP
OP
98rangerdave

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry ahead of time if I sound like an ass. The load ratings you posted are static and doesnt give dynamic load ratings. Dynamic forces are hard to calculate because it depends on speed and angle of impact but you can see numbers 2-4 times higher than static depending on how rough you get. My biggest concern is if a major failure happens, let's just say the wheel cracks and fails on the "spokes". Not only are you out of a wheel but you most likely damage anything around it as it comes flying off. I'm a firm believer of "buy once, cry once" but that doesnt mean you have to spend an arm and a leg on everything either. It doesnt seem like you're using this truck like it was built for so you'll be fine. But then you gotta ask yourself, "why do I own a raptor?"

Thank you, I didn’t even think about the static load info. Also in case you didn’t see from the above post, I don’t own a Raptor, but rather an XLT with a full Gen 1 Raptor suspension swap.

“Full disclosure, I have a 2012 F-150 XLT with the full Raptor suspension swap. So my truck weighs 5,100 pounds. About 1,000 pounds less than the real Raptor. If that matters.”

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

Photos attached:

View attachment 161000

View attachment 161002

I was just thinking about getting some new 17" wheels, those look pretty good. If you could hook a brother up, I will buy a set and let you know how they work out.:)