Rock Light help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B boyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PO had installed these ColorMorph Rock lights. There are qty 4 perside of the truck, 8 total.
I reached out to ColorMorph and was told they are not their lights. So I got no help. I am unfamiliar with any exterior lights so I'm at a dead end. I traced the wires to under the passenger floorboard carpet. What do I need to purchase to make this system work?

20201004_125348.jpg

20201004_125341.jpg

20201004_125020.jpg

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Should be able to just wore them up to the upfitters. Steps I would take

run some jumper wire from the lights to the bat and make sure they actually work.

then cut off those hideous crimp connectors and splice in the positive wire into the upfitter.

I bet if you drop the glove box and look in where the switch wires are you’ll see the other end of the slip connector

EDIT: re ready your post. Are you saying they don’t light up? Or you want to make them change color?

OP
OP
B boyes

B boyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was unsure of what to do. I would like then to light up and or change colors. I will drop the glove box and see if I find the other connection. Then I well run a jumper to the battery and see if they light up. I will advise.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was unsure of what to do. I would like then to light up and or change colors. I will drop the glove box and see if I find the other connection. Then I well run a jumper to the battery and see if they light up. I will advise.
on second thought it looks like the cable coming down with the slip connector on it used to maybe plug into a module that was mounted there. you might be able to just butt splice those two wires in the picture together and one of the aux/upfitter switches will turn them on. you might need a module to control color. looks as though maybe the PO snipped it out prior to selling it?

OP
OP
B boyes

B boyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on second thought it looks like the cable coming down with the slip connector on it used to maybe plug into a module that was mounted there. you might be able to just butt splice those two wires in the picture together and one of the aux/upfitter switches will turn them on. you might need a module to control color. looks as though maybe the PO snipped it out prior to selling it?

It looks like that me, the PO just cut the connection out. I am having trouble with my left turn signal not working. I found this situation as I was trying to fix that issue.

OP
OP
B boyes

B boyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do I find out what kind of controller I need to purchase? I would be okay if they would just come on with the upfitter switches IF they are not different colors when they come on! HA

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do I find out what kind of controller I need to purchase? I would be okay if they would just come on with the upfitter switches IF they are not different colors when they come on! HA
so i found them...

https://hidmasters.com/products/ledc-colormorph-rgb-rock-lights-4-pc-kit

MORIMOTO CONTROLLER: XBT Bluetooth (Recommended)
https://www.morimotohid.com/morimoto-xbt-bluetooth-rgb-controller?quantity=1

PROFILE CONTROLLER: PrismPilot RF
https://www.ledconceptslighting.com/universal-led-accents/rgb-controller-profile-prismpilot-rf.html

OTHER CONTROLLERS: All 4-Wire RGB+