rock dings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akduck

Reaction score
So I am a proud new raptor owner, but after only 750 miles I have a few rock ding from in between the front fender flare and the running board?
Any mods that will help???

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome akduck.
Glad to hear you're using the truck. Some guys go for mud flaps to eliminate those dings, I personally am NOT a fan of the mud flap look. I've gotten a few bad dings towards ze rear of my truck from rock spray, I use a tiny little color matched touch-up paint kit that I got at AutoZone... It does the trick.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Me too. Mine are beat to shit.

Hmm. Good info. I hate to benefit from the grief of others, but are just your rockers beat to shit? What other panels would you have done...or are getting dinged? I think I want to protect mine beforehand learning this info.

Thanks
Matt

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you search the forum for mud flaps you'll find a post discussing the Pro-Fit flaps. These are what I have front and rear and I personally don't even notice them. I was worried they would look like cabbage but they look fine, might be different for the other colors though. Fit looks basically OEM and make a big difference. Driving on gravel roads more often than not these really were a must have for me.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Hmm. Good info. I hate to benefit from the grief of others, but are just your rockers beat to shit? What other panels would you have done...or are getting dinged? I think I want to protect mine beforehand learning this info.

Thanks
Matt

Sorry missed this. Getting pretty dinged where the spray pattern is below the door crease.

Attachments

• IMG_1147.jpg
    IMG_1147.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 57