Robby Woods DD 4-link build - The Ultimate Enduro Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I'd stay away from drilled rotors from everything I've read about them as many have mentioned that because they can't countersink the back of these drilled holes can cause them to start cracking due to heat stress.

I only know that several people from various sources have mentioned this and it makes sense to me as a countersink would act as a relief to heat stress at least in my opinion.

I could be wrong though but just wanted to make you aware of a possible issue with drilled rotors.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I'd like to know for sure myself, maybe others can chime in that may know with some facts to back it up.

I do know as stated earlier that many people from various sources have stated it's an issue but I would still want facts prior to making a decision.

OP
OP
U

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's my limited observation - lots of "brake upgrades" don't have much data on actual performance&reliability gains. I'm not against it, but it's gotta do more than just look cool.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New pads, rotors etc are still a shit upgrade, ask me how I know :p Floating calipers are garbage sadly, that is what we have stock. Here is some real world data of the alcon brakes (front and rear) vs stock.

View attachment 370765

View attachment 370766

from here, courtesy of Nick.

This kit doesn’t work on 17” wheels does it? Or electric rear parking brake.

OP
OP
U

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes to 17s. Only fronts for ebrake but that is really all you need are the fronts. It’s all I have.
I have the E parking brake, so maybe only fronts for me too. Did you do any objective before/after tests, or just feels better, or?

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes to 17s. Only fronts for ebrake but that is really all you need are the fronts. It’s all I have. They do make a rotor/pad kit for the rear though.
Great news.

Would just meet someone to paint my rear calipers to match haha