Robby Woods DD 4-link build - The Ultimate Enduro Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Reading between the lines, but appears the end goal was basically a modern truck but with capability described in the first post. That opposed to a show truck. Would have been a bit more effort to get the interior and other features of an older truck up to where they are on the donor truck.
Nah it wouldn’t they got soooooo much crap out there already for square body trucks + the relative cheapens of CNC & 3-D printing machines, let alone simple stuff like wiring harnesses- whatever you’re gonna get in an aftermarket kit is better quality, high end audio stuff, pick your own leather etc etc

I’m not trying to come off as picking on the OP w/ the critique- I don’t begrudge a man who spends his money how he wants- just seems like a lot of $$$/effort into a black hole for an end result that’ll potentially be worth a Good bit LESS than what the thing was worth stock w/o all the custom stuff, & obviously forgoing warranty but that’s not a big deal in this situation.

Simply put- I don’t get it. Not for that time/$$$/effort to wind up w/ an F150 w/ crazy suspension. I would just always look @ it & think- why didn’t I just build a custom K-Blazer w/ a built LS7 on 40”s & a stickshift? And then there’s resale, undeniable a classic truck w/ nasty usable restomod done front to back will be cooler, retain its value/worth more than a regular F150 you went nutzo on

OP feel free to tell me to F myself- it’s your $$$$

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robby's TRX made me almost jump to the Ram. After a little thought I realized I would have had to sell my house to remake his TRX.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nah it wouldn’t they got soooooo much crap out there already for square body trucks + the relative cheapens of CNC & 3-D printing machines, let alone simple stuff like wiring harnesses- whatever you’re gonna get in an aftermarket kit is better quality, high end audio stuff, pick your own leather etc etc

I’m not trying to come off as picking on the OP w/ the critique- I don’t begrudge a man who spends his money how he wants- just seems like a lot of $$$/effort into a black hole for an end result that’ll potentially be worth a Good bit LESS than what the thing was worth stock w/o all the custom stuff, & obviously forgoing warranty but that’s not a big deal in this situation.

Simply put- I don’t get it. Not for that time/$$$/effort to wind up w/ an F150 w/ crazy suspension. I would just always look @ it & think- why didn’t I just build a custom K-Blazer w/ a built LS7 on 40”s & a stickshift? And then there’s resale, undeniable a classic truck w/ nasty usable restomod done front to back will be cooler, retain its value/worth more than a regular F150 you went nutzo on

Nah, if he gets tired of it he can sell it easily. I know some folks with setups like this for “luxury“ pre running out in Baja and just playing around . It’s not a redneck mud bogger. Lol

OP
OP
U

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful work. Where did you get the Raptor cad files? I use the Ford Builder site but they don’t offer raptor files. Anyway, fantastic work!!
Sorry, I'm not much help with sourcing the CAD stuff. Fun to see how it comes together though. Invaluable tool

OP
OP
U

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Naw man. It's all good, everyone's got their thing. I can appreciate the restomod game walking around SEMA, but don't want to drive one 1000 miles over a long weekend. With the F150 I get a quiet sealed cab, adaptive cruise, climate control, cooled seats, heated wheel, all the AV crap, etc. Plus I don't have to source, plan, install, and troubleshoot the the cab nor powertrain. They're both modern, reliable, and well engineered. This project was arguably too ambitious just as it stands.

I have a '13 midtravel RPG raptor that I take all over the southwest, and serves me really well. This is just a bigger, badder version of that truck.. and will be used for similar purposes. Long road trips that lead to long dirt trips. An expedition vehicle of sorts.

Funny about resale value - it hadn't crossed my mind! Guess I better plan on keeping it a while :)

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The fact that your measuring stick here is resale value shows you don’t get it. Some people like building things to be used, not sold.