Robby Woods Carbon Fiber fenders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
one- i think you should talk to a few folks that have run the bolt kit. Talk to a few shops that have sold and installed it. Net/net, the bolt kit isnt any less expensive than anyone elses kit once you consider all the extras that need to be added to said bolt kit, like axle shafts, brake lines, etc.

40s are going to break axles. They are also going to brutalize spider gears.

I'm going to test fit 38s and 39s on my truck, but I'll probably stick with 37s, just got with 37s that are true to size.

just please dont do some goofy abomination of totally stock suspension and big ass deberti fenders with ridiculous offset wheels to make it look like it "fits".

do it right or leave it alone.

and as a PS, i have seen the deberti fenders in both glass and CF.. to me, they both look like shit.

Robby's fenders "flow", fit and look like they belong on the truck.

the CF wont crack like glass. it is also stronger. I opted to add a little weight by having the insides of the fenders/bedsides linex'd to make them even stronger and less prone to cracking/noise.

Can you expand a bit on your thoughts on the BOLT kit? Are you saying it's not worth doing? Honestly, I'd probably be OK with just doing collars to get a bit more lift in front, and then fenders to clear the tires. I wasn't impressed with the fit and finish of the Deberti fenders, but I do like the shape of them and the tire clearance they give. The pics I've seen of Robby's fenders do look good for sure. I'd like to see them in person though to make sure those are what I would want. If you are going to run 38s or 39s you are going to be harder on them offroad than I will be to 40s on the street. I'd run the 40x13.50r17, not a 15.50 wide. This is what I'd be copying essentially.

IMG_1847.JPG

jocdmd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
overall, they look great, but, was that pic a work in progress pic? the area where the fender meets the hood above the headlight looks a little less than ideal. can that be corrected?

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one- i think you should talk to a few folks that have run the bolt kit. Talk to a few shops that have sold and installed it. Net/net, the bolt kit isnt any less expensive than anyone elses kit once you consider all the extras that need to be added to said bolt kit, like axle shafts, brake lines, etc.

40s are going to break axles. They are also going to brutalize spider gears.

I'm going to test fit 38s and 39s on my truck, but I'll probably stick with 37s, just got with 37s that are true to size.

just please dont do some goofy abomination of totally stock suspension and big ass deberti fenders with ridiculous offset wheels to make it look like it "fits".

do it right or leave it alone.

and as a PS, i have seen the deberti fenders in both glass and CF.. to me, they both look like shit.

Robby's fenders "flow", fit and look like they belong on the truck.

the CF wont crack like glass. it is also stronger. I opted to add a little weight by having the insides of the fenders/bedsides linex'd to make them even stronger and less prone to cracking/noise.

I agree completely with what you're saying, with suspension set up and also about the fenders. Ive seen the deberti ones and from a far they don't look bad but when you get up close you can see how bad the fitment is. Looks like shit. Robbies carbon fenders are on another level.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Can you expand a bit on your thoughts on the BOLT kit? Are you saying it's not worth doing? Honestly, I'd probably be OK with just doing collars to get a bit more lift in front, and then fenders to clear the tires.

View attachment 113801

I am having a hard time with your comment. 40s for a street queen? again, I just don't understand it. I won't expand on my bolt thoughts, as for me, it isnt worth it.

on the other hand, if collars and a mid travel kit are interchangeable for you, then just run ridiculous offset custom wheels, whatever fenders and enjoy cars and coffee.

If I run 39s, I'll need 300M everything for my drivetrain and I'd put money on the tcase popping first. I chose to go with robby's CF because it is the best, and if a 39 "could" eat it up, I'll stick to 37s and whoop the hell out of em. :) I'm no size queen, i just like low COG + maximum ground clearance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ASD1

ASD1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you expand a bit on your thoughts on the BOLT kit?

View attachment 113801

Was not "MY" thoughts but I will chime in

My .02

You need to be comparing apples to apples and lemons to lemons

#1 Talk to Robby on the phone. Ask him about his "KIT". Ask about travel and angles and bump steer. Get a list of what you "GET" with his "KIT" and what it will cost.

#2 Talk to RPG on the phone. Ask them about their "KIT". Ask about travel and angles and bump steer. Get a list of what is in their "KIT". NOW ask them to add in the parts that are in Robby's "KIT" so that you get ALL the parts you need to install it and what it will cost.

There's more to a kit them just arm's

You will find out that the Two kit's "ALL IN" are about the same price.

That one of the "KIT's" gives you more for your money, Was designed as a complete system and has better numbers.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am having a hard time with your comment. 40s for a street queen? again, I just don't understand it. I won't expand on my bolt thoughts, as for me, it isnt worth it.

on the other hand, if collars and a mid travel kit are interchangeable for you, then just run ridiculous offset custom wheels, whatever fenders and enjoy cars and coffee.

If I run 39s, I'll need 300M everything for my drivetrain and I'd put money on the tcase popping first. I chose to go with robby's CF because it is the best, and if a 39 "could" eat it up, I'll stick to 37s and whoop the hell out of em. :) I'm no size queen, i just like low COG + maximum ground clearance.

I know where you are coming from, because for a long time on forums I tried to understand other people's motivation. I eventually gave up, and decided that I'd provide the best info I could, which often contains personal opinion. What you are trying to achieve and what I am trying to achieve are different. I respect what you are doing. Done that, don't need to do it again. I have no problems with those that still enjoy doing it. I also appreciate your input on the technical side of things as you have obviously done the research and are doing all this to your truck.

I have no problem dropping money on a sweet suspension set up. I just don't think it needs to be done for what I plan to do with it. I also have no problem spending the money for Robby's CF stuff, but again it needs to accomplish what I'm trying to achieve. At the end of the day, I still try to consider myself "thrifty" and like to get the best deal I can while not over-spending on things I don't need or won't notice an appreciable difference.

I don't plan on running 26x14 wheels with -54 offset. This isn't going to be a chromed out 3/4 ton on 40s that towers 12" over the tops of the tires. I'd like it to have a stance like the one I showed above because I think it looks great. I even like the 17" wheel and tons of sidewall on the tire.

All of that being said, I'll give Robby a call and ask him about his fenders and bedsides to see what he thinks will fit.

I could really make you guys $hit a brick and say I've contemplated doing a 4" BDS or Fabtech kit, but I don't want to get banned...:D

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Was not "MY" thoughts but I will chime in

My .02

You need to be comparing apples to apples and lemons to lemons

#1 Talk to Robby on the phone. Ask him about his "KIT". Ask about travel and angles and bump steer. Get a list of what you "GET" with his "KIT" and what it will cost.

#2 Talk to RPG on the phone. Ask them about their "KIT". Ask about travel and angles and bump steer. Get a list of what is in their "KIT". NOW ask them to add in the parts that are in Robby's "KIT" so that you get ALL the parts you need to install it and what it will cost.

There's more to a kit them just arm's

You will find out that the Two kit's "ALL IN" are about the same price.

That one of the "KIT's" gives you more for your money, Was designed as a complete system and has better numbers.
Thanks for your .02. I appreciate everyone's input since I think it helps give multiple ideas and options to help better inform everyone. I see what you mean by the stuff you have to add to make the BOLT kit "complete". I don't think I need a BOLT kit. I referenced it since RPG did the Gen1 stuff that I was familiar with, but after talking with a few people today it sounds like there are some other options out there that might have surpassed RPG in the past couple of years.

I did talk to one shop today that said Robby's LT kit was considerably more complicated to install than others (SVC in particular is supposedly easier). One shop said Fox adjustable 3.0 front and rear would greatly improve ride quality and give a little lift that would help clear tires with fenders. Another said Icon gave a better street ride, so go with those... You know what they say about opinions...

All of that being said, I probably don't need a full kit for what I'm trying to do. I'd be good with either the Fox 3.0 adjustable set up with Deavers out back, or even just Deavers and collars up front. Again, this is going to be a pavement princess. I don't want it to be a complete POS non-functional suspension, but I also don't need to drop a bunch of coin on a suspension that won't even get close to getting utilized.

On a side note, I apologize for hijacking your thread. I do, however, appreciate all the info.

MOT26

Reaction score
Zombiekiller - Do have any new pics to share?
I think that some Robby Woods fenders are the solution that I'm looking for.