Robby Woods Carbon Fiber fenders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How many hours did it take them to fit those up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ASD1

ASD1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many hours did it take them to fit those up?

Robby Builds the BEST CF out their for the Gen2 bar none! They fit like OEM!

The front fender R&R takes about .75hr per side longer than OEM because you need to drill out the mounting holes as you fit them. But you will need to fab / mod the inner wheel wells as the stock ones will not work.

The rear sides R&R in about the same amount of time as OEM. But you will need to fab inner wheel wells and support bars as the stock ones will not work

OP
OP
ASD1

ASD1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
. What are you doing for a rear bumper?

The rear is a ADD PRO that I just put spacers on for now an it is a little to short.

The Front is a ADD PRO an is a little short and the angle need to be changed.

So I need to decide if it's better to mod them or just have Robby build custom one's when he is installing the LT front.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Robby Builds the BEST CF out their for the Gen2 bar none! They fit like OEM!

The front fender R&R takes about .75hr per side longer than OEM because you need to drill out the mounting holes as you fit them. But you will need to fab / mod the inner wheel wells as the stock ones will not work.

The rear sides R&R in about the same amount of time as OEM. But you will need to fab inner wheel wells and support bars as the stock ones will not work

takes considerably longer when also cutting holes in the bed for shocks for the first time on a gen2. :)

TMX has a linex booth, so I had them linex the undersides of the fenders/bedsides, which also made the process take longer.

I should have some updated pics next week with everything installed and done aside from the front suspension kit.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The rear is a ADD PRO that I just put spacers on for now an it is a little to short.

The Front is a ADD PRO an is a little short and the angle need to be changed.

So I need to decide if it's better to mod them or just have Robby build custom one's when he is installing the LT front.
I was wanting to do the honeybadger rear, but with the way the rear fenders go straight down I don't think it will fit. I was going to see if I could cut it down where the ends tuck under the regular bedsides, but I'm not sure the lines will look right. Do you have pics of the bumpers on it now that the fenders are on? I was thinking of doing the Stealth Fighter front. It should look ok, and not be too short on the ends I hope.

Edit: I looked through your build thread and found the pics with the bumpers, so no need to repost those unless you just want to. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ASD1

ASD1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wanting to do the honeybadger rear, but with the way the rear fenders go straight down I don't think it will fit. I was going to see if I could cut it down where the ends tuck under the regular bedsides, but I'm not sure the lines will look right. Do you have pics of the bumpers on it now that the fenders are on? I was thinking of doing the Stealth Fighter front. It should look ok, and not be too short on the ends I hope.

Edit: I looked through your build thread and found the pics with the bumpers, so no need to repost those unless you just want to. Thanks.

Keep in mind Robbie has two different style of bedsides the ones I have is what he calls a smooth side no gas cap no bumper notch like the factory fenders

he also has a factory style bedside that has a gas cap provision and the factory style notch

regardless of what style you go with the new bedside are slightly wider so you’re going to have to make whatever bumper you have slightly wider/longer to make it look appropriate

Or just have Robbie make you a custom one

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are you sticking with 37" tires after you get your LT kit installed? Ideally I'd like to go with just the RPG BOLT set up and be able to run 40" Toyo MT. I know they will fit with the Deberti fenders, but not sure if Robbie's go out and up as much as the Deberti. I'm also not sold on going with carbon fiber since I would likely paint them to color match, which would cover up all that pretty carbon anyway. I'd do carbon if there was some other good reason though (strength, fit, etc.).

OP
OP
ASD1

ASD1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sticking with 37" tires after you get your LT kit installed? Ideally I'd like to go with just the RPG BOLT set up and be able to run 40" Toyo MT. I know they will fit with the Deberti fenders, but not sure if Robbie's go out and up as much as the Deberti. I'm also not sold on going with carbon fiber since I would likely paint them to color match, which would cover up all that pretty carbon anyway. I'd do carbon if there was some other good reason though (strength, fit, etc.).

Carbon fiber is a stronger material than fiberglass also lighter weight

Robbie does have an option to get his fenders in regular fiberglass

Robbie’s fit and finish is second to none

all the other fenders look like giant bubbles gluded to the fenders and the fit and finish is horrid for a daily driver

Robbie is fenders are designed around 37 for trucks are actually going to get used hard

to actually use 40s you’re going to need to use different glass

Chop a couple inches out of the front of the cab

re-gear

bigger brakes

transmission work

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I planned on gears and brakes, etc. anyway. This one won't get flogged like the Gen1. A few Raptor Runs were fun, but they took a toll on the truck that I don't plan on doing to this one. Too many squeaks and rattles after launching it a few times. I'm not ashamed to say it would be a pavement princess...:eek:

However, I do want it to look good in terms of fit and finish. Not some cobbled together wreck. Thanks for your input on it. From what I can see from your pics you are correct that his fit and finish are second to none!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

one- i think you should talk to a few folks that have run the bolt kit. Talk to a few shops that have sold and installed it. Net/net, the bolt kit isnt any less expensive than anyone elses kit once you consider all the extras that need to be added to said bolt kit, like axle shafts, brake lines, etc.

40s are going to break axles. They are also going to brutalize spider gears.

I'm going to test fit 38s and 39s on my truck, but I'll probably stick with 37s, just got with 37s that are true to size.

just please dont do some goofy abomination of totally stock suspension and big ass deberti fenders with ridiculous offset wheels to make it look like it "fits".

do it right or leave it alone.

and as a PS, i have seen the deberti fenders in both glass and CF.. to me, they both look like shit.

Robby's fenders "flow", fit and look like they belong on the truck.

the CF wont crack like glass. it is also stronger. I opted to add a little weight by having the insides of the fenders/bedsides linex'd to make them even stronger and less prone to cracking/noise.