Roadmaster active suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweetlou1182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought these after putting some Eibachs on my front hoping to improve handling and get a slight lift in the back. After doing some homework it looks like these are not a good idea if you off road? Read a lot on it but lots of back and forth. Having second thoughts on installing these. Looking for some guidance!

thank you!

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had RAS on for a while, because I wanted to increase my payload for towing my boat and because at that time I also had a topper with gear. I purchased them because I wanted to first try the cheaper alternative. They increase payload and raise the rear of the truck, I used the larger spacer (40% I believe). Install was easy and the truck felt firmer in the back and did not squat when towing. I would never attempt any serious off-roading or jumping with the RAS, it's not meant to handle that. It is a cheaper alternative if you want to increase payload and for towing. Since then, I have installed Icons on Option #2. The Icons feel even firmer than the RAS, I have not had any of the squeaking or any other issues with the Icons as other have. Let me know if you have any other questions.

OP
OP
Sweetlou1182

Sweetlou1182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had RAS on for a while, because I wanted to increase my payload for towing my boat and because at that time I also had a topper with gear. I purchased them because I wanted to first try the cheaper alternative. They increase payload and raise the rear of the truck, I used the larger spacer (40% I believe). Install was easy and the truck felt firmer in the back and did not squat when towing. I would never attempt any serious off-roading or jumping with the RAS, it's not meant to handle that. It is a cheaper alternative if you want to increase payload and for towing. Since then, I have installed Icons on Option #2. The Icons feel even firmer than the RAS, I have not had any of the squeaking or any other issues with the Icons as other have. Let me know if you have any other questions.

thanks for the input! Very helpful. I don’t do serious off-roading but I do take some small-medium jumps at times but nothing too crazy. I just don’t want anything to fly off like I’ve been reading!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m not a fan, I know it comes down to money and that’s why some people go this route, best choice would be to save your money, or rob a bank and order yourself a set of Deavers or comparable.