Roadmaster Active Suspension - Gen.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it touch while you're truck is sitting level? If so, isn't it going to hit quite a bit more as the suspension compresses if you hit a big bump?

yes, it touches when sitting level. If you're off-roading frequently, this is probably not the best solution. I've towed my 25' bay boat with this setup and had no issues

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TXRaptor @Swaddict Do you guys have any updates/new experience on the Active Suspension you put on? I am about to install mine... How is the touching coming along? Is it grinding on the leafs? The AS spring?

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@TXRaptor @Swaddict Do you guys have any updates/new experience on the Active Suspension you put on? I am about to install mine... How is the touching coming along? Is it grinding on the leafs? The AS spring?

I returned mine because the driver side kept popping off. I have Deaver +3s, so if your rear suspension is stock, it will probably work for you.

Wainwrcb

Reaction score
They just got delivered so I test fitted them. Looks like the RAS spring will hit the bracket on the leaf spring that I circled in yellow. Did you have this problem?View attachment 152224View attachment 152225

The directions indicate an additional step for Raptors to remove the roller bracket. I did so on my setup. I’ve had no issues doing so. I believe the purpose of the roller bracket is to preload the bottom overload springs, since the RAS adds a preload, it’s not needed. The bottom springs fully engage just fine when I hook my 24’ Glastron.

EE51C8DA-FDBB-4D96-8ABD-CA27408897EE.jpeg

Wainwrcb

Reaction score
yes, it touches when sitting level. If you're off-roading frequently, this is probably not the best solution. I've towed my 25' bay boat with this setup and had no issues

I took the roller bracket off per the directions. I’ve had no issues off-roading or hauling our 24’ bow rider.

2D87F9DE-82BF-4DFE-8E10-5B8893C2C996.jpeg

6225D215-F7D7-4121-935E-6DBCCA68230B.jpeg