Road/wind noise coming from behind rear passenger seat ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 raptor making a lot of wind/engine/road noise behind the rear passenger seat..

More noticeable when on the gas, it seems to be louder when the turbos are kicking in.

It’s almost like a hissing noise.

I ripped apart the rear of the cab to find the problem but I can’t seem to find anything other than the cabin vent.

This wasn’t an issue until 60-70k miles ? I’m at 82 now.

for now I’m covering every damn piece of metal with cheap Amazon sound deadening.

Any suggestions help thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 40

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 raptor making a lot of wind/engine/road noise behind the rear passenger seat..

More noticeable when on the gas, it seems to be louder when the turbos are kicking in.

It’s almost like a hissing noise.

Are you sure it not hissing noise coming from the speakers? This can happen later as the speaker wire can get loose or it has a bad ground or the speakers paper cone is broken. Does the hissing noise gets higher/lower and/or less or more intense in relation to the engines' rpm?

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a super cab? My door hing bolts loosened up not letting the window glass seal up completely. This was after passing Fords 167 point inspection.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you sure it not hissing noise coming from the speakers? This can happen later as the speaker wire can get loose or it has a bad ground or the speakers paper cone is broken. Does the hissing noise gets higher/lower and/or less or more intense in relation to the engines' rpm?
Isn’t there a fake exhaust noise in the Gen 2? I wonder if something is up with that. Maybe he can use for scan to turn the exhaust note off and see if that changes anything?

OP
OP
benbachh

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got annoyed with all the BS with this truck and dumped it 3 days after doing all this work LOL.

Just picked up an 2023 azure.

OP
OP
benbachh

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the sound deadening helped a little bit, definitely made the bass a lot louder. But didn’t really fix the hissing noise. Thinking about it now, it probably was a bad ground or something. Only thing I did to the interior was the starlight headliner, I did it myself so I’m sure I f’ed something up.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing... turn off the noise with Forscan and see if that is the issue.
have done it on mine and it's a little bit quieter, no doubt ! what a stupid thing this fake engine noise , stupid idea award nuber one :rolleyes:
Also, about road noise, I think there is behind rear seat the cab vent , it can explain some outside noise...
Raptor is F-150, which is utilitary on base, seem some have forgotten this and expect to be in high quality sedan. I guess this is the price which force to give this impression , even at 100k$, work truck is work truck...