Road trippin'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is there anything specific ya'll do with your truckas when taking a long road trip? Idk why but out of every truck I've owned my Raptor is the only that gives me a little anxiety about driving long distances. I'll be driving 4-5 hours one way to da beach in a couple of weeks. Wondering if I should make a couple of stops, which I hate doing, and let her have some cool down time. The easy part is all the room I have for beach gear! Going to Virginia Beach to see the Monsters on the Beach truck show.:fish_h4h:
We drive these things in the desert every year, run them hard then drive them across the country back home.

pavendort

Reaction score
I’ve driven from Texas to California and back now 5 times in a year of ownership. Cruising at between 70 and 90 mph. No extra care is needed. This is the best road trip truck I’ve ever owned.
Me too. Twice so far, and again in a few weeks. Haven't had a problem yet, aside from the odd/dirty looks from Californians seeing a Raptor with Texas plates. 85mph cruise set the whole way, only stopped for gas. 24 hours there, 26 hours back every time. Admittedly at 65 it would have cost way less.

RobW33

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've done many long road trips and the Gen2 is great. SoCal to Seattle, Montana, Denver a few times a year. My record in one day was 1000 miles in 15 hours with just a couple of short 20 minute stops - tried to keep it under 85 through Colorado, Utah, and Nevada. What is impressive if not feeling like you need to go to the chiropractor after being in the seat for so many hours.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Austin to Santa Fe and back... stopped in the middle both ways. No worries. Then Austin to Colorado Springs and back. Same thing. No fvcks given. 75-80mph in Texas. Both trips with a Corso in the back seat.
Man, I’ve got to get some new glasses…..
I first read that you left your CORSET in the back seat???
I was thinking…” Why the Fuxk would you leave your CORSET in the backseat?”
I Always WEAR MINE on the long Road Trips, helps the back and then I look HOT walking up to the counter at Bucks….
Then I realized you were referring to your Fantastic Hound…
we need a picture of him taking up the Whole Backseat…lol

OP
OP
Toyzthatmove19
Reaction score
If you were in the Gen 3 section, I would recommend stopping for a pumpkin latte and reapplying tire shine every 2 hours.

But you’re in with the Gen 2 bruthas, you’re good to go!
Many guys have their go to gear when traveling. You can feel secure driving this thing long haul and I have driven a 2000 mile round trip pulling a trailer and over 60k on my Gen 2 with no issues.
What specifically are you worried about?
The tranny mostly. She can get a little herky jerky sometimes. I read another forum where a couple have had overheating issues as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts