Road Trip Fla to NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just completed a 1600 mile round trip road trip from Miami, Florida to and around Charlotte, North Carolina. Averaged 15.1 mpg on the trip with three bikes mounted above the bed. On the way up noticed a weird buzzing/humming/vibrating sound coming from what seems to be the steering column. Specifically around 72-77 mph the noise would come on and then go away when i exceeded that speed. Searched on here and saw a post on it, thinking its my tires which do show signs that they could be the culprit. Came across a black Gen 3 parked at a Publix in Fort Mill, North Carolina. Visited US National White Water Center which i recommend if you're in the area of Charlotte, North Carolina. Truck rode like a dream as always, and got some compliments on it, too! Planned on taking it to some off road trails but I caught Covid and couldn't make it happen. Recently installed Rigid Radiance Scene triple pods came in super clutch on some dark roads, shout out OffRoadAlliance for those.
On the way home traveling down I95 came across a sweet rig. Looked like he was ready to have the best time ever with that setup... will post a picture i snagged below. Hoping he's on the forum and will see this post (tag em if you know em). Lastly, the drive home was particularly exciting knowing I had some truck goodies waiting for me at home. Cobb CAI, CVF titan IC, and Goosetune stage 2 coming soon! Love these trucks! Pics below.

Attachments

• IMG_9804.jpeg
    IMG_9804.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_9945.jpeg
    IMG_9945.jpeg
    369.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9939.jpeg
    IMG_9939.jpeg
    472.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9924.JPG
    IMG_9924.JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_9933.jpeg
    IMG_9933.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
JAWSRaptor

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounded like an awesome trip! Nice rack system for the bikes too. That avalanche gray truck as some sweet overlanding setup too. Who can claim this gem?

Your tires look like they went through abrasive lava rocks. @John M does this look familiar? Lol

Get those mods done soon and report back plz.
Thanks! The bike racks are all Yakima products. The actual bike mount is the Yakima Highroad which I totally recommend. Is SUPER solid and you dont have to remove bike wheels. A tad pricey though, about $250 per mount. I also have an older Rhino Rack bike mount that I used and it wasn't anywhere near as sturdy. Kept a keen eye on it the whole time.

Ill get the mods done soon as I can!

OP
OP
JAWSRaptor

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some extra pictures from the trip. Disclaimer: those are not clouds or smoke from a burnout. It was an extra firework from NYE that I lit up for the sake of a photo.... lol.

Attachments

• IMG_9849.jpeg
    IMG_9849.jpeg
    386.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9850.jpeg
    IMG_9850.jpeg
    411.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9818.JPEG
    IMG_9818.JPEG
    204.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9962.jpeg
    IMG_9962.jpeg