Road noise on my 2021 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

ray0409

Reaction score
It's just loud relative to his SL550 (or something comparable will be my guess). These are off-road Ford trucks, not the quietest, or smoothest riding rigs on the road. But it does what is was designed to do very well, and everything else pretty dang well considering what it is.
It's just loud relative to a 2017 BMW 430 coupe with frameless doors.

Raptormts

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Tires were much louder than expected. Dealer RE-Aligned and the noise went away. Rear Wheels were off by just a bit.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's wind noise. The noise does not change much on different road surfaces.
Check the windshield. Had a car in the other day that had a horrible wind noise. Windshield was not installed correctly. Created turbulence/noise right at the top of windshield right above the steering wheel. Did NOT leak (water). Vehicle was a Honda but non-less check the windshield. Also check outside mirror mounting. Try folding the mirror in and driving it see if the noise changes.

OP
OP
R

ray0409

Reaction score
With engine on, 45 DB for 0 MPH, 65 DB for 30-40 MPH and 73 DB for 60MPH. I will post recordings once I get back home.

OP
OP
R

ray0409

Reaction score
Check the windshield. Had a car in the other day that had a horrible wind noise. Windshield was not installed correctly. Created turbulence/noise right at the top of windshield right above the steering wheel. Did NOT leak (water). Vehicle was a Honda but non-less check the windshield. Also check outside mirror mounting. Try folding the mirror in and driving it see if the noise changes.
Thanks! I think the windshield is fine. The noise is from all around the doors.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I don't know if I would consider all terrains off road lol

Let him run a set of muds and lets see what he says then ;)

Well, go run the truck through 1/16" of standing water on the freeway at 75 and let us know how it goes. The tires are off-road oriented. They are louder than street tires, even when new.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 35” K02’s on my Wrangler and they were pretty quiet. They performed well in all conditions (rain, snow, ice) but can’t say I tested them in mud. They’re definitely not an MT.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! I think the windshield is fine. The noise is from all around the doors.
Under pre-covid I would say, normal and you have higher expectations that the vehicle can provide.

But post Covid i think some aspects of quality have diminished.

Dont go to just any dealer to have doors adjusted. . Make sure they have a body shop or will sublet to a body shop.

Adjusting door is NOT as straightforward as it might seem. (Dont Ask me how i know)