Road noise on my 2021 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

ray0409

Reaction score
I cant imagine its the tires. they can get loud but mine are not louder than the generator fan. seems unlikely but who knows. without hearing the noise its hard for us to actually give you any real usable advice. is it possible to record it.
It's wind noise. The noise does not change much on different road surfaces.

Bruindude

Reaction score
I've owned a GEN02 2019 and now a GEN03 w/ 37 and like others have said its normal sound... Not sure why anyone would own and look to completely insulate unless sensitive to any road noise in which case buy something else. I LOVE THE NOISE as I want to hear exhaust, engine and tires.

There is no question in my mind that the GEN03's have some great new additions that makes it a blast to drive no matter the terrain!!!

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As others mentioned, it’s hard to qualify “loud” without being in the truck.

Grab a db meter app, test it on a normal highway at 60mph and maybe let us know how it reads. Hold phone near your ears for listener placement.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP might have some kind of driveline issue from driveshaft to wheel bearing, etc. going on. Or he is coming from an S-class. If he could chime in with a video capturing the sound or even describe it in more detail (varies with speed vs. road surface for example) we could probably help him out.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just loud relative to his SL550 (or something comparable will be my guess). These are off-road Ford trucks, not the quietest, or smoothest riding rigs on the road. But it does what is was designed to do very well, and everything else pretty dang well considering what it is.

OP
OP
R

ray0409

Reaction score
OP might have some kind of driveline issue from driveshaft to wheel bearing, etc. going on. Or he is coming from an S-class. If he could chime in with a video capturing the sound or even describe it in more detail (varies with speed vs. road surface for example) we could probably help him out.
Thanks for your suggestions! did not drive an S-class before. I will let the dealer check the driveline as you suggested. It's probably the wind noise from all around the doors. The noise doesn't change much on different surfaces.