Road noise on my 2021 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

ray0409

Reaction score
OP - just read past all the "newbie" comments, people love to act like they are the guy below, probably going to jump their Fraptor this coming weekend.

I have had a few trucks and this one is surprisingly quiet.
My suggestion is to find a way to ride in someone else Raptor (same gen...maybe an event etc etc) and see if the noise is comparable

View attachment 355840
Thanks! I will try to find a gen3 raptor nearby first.

OP
OP
R

ray0409

Reaction score
OP
OP
R

ray0409

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Tires were much louder than expected. Dealer RE-Aligned and the noise went away. Rear Wheels were off by just a bit.
Thanks for the suggestion! Btw, how does the interior noise of your Raptor compare with your previous BMW or Mercedes?

Raptormts

Reaction score
The mercedes is wisper quiet. I drove the Raptor to detroit & back over Christmas. Mercedes last month. Truck, very smooth ride, no wind noise. Keep it below 70 for mileage. Does not ride like a truck on the highway. Had a BMW X3. The Mercedes beats it in every way, mileage, noise level, maint cost, quality. 2004 Z4 convertible with a straight six and a 6 speed is smooth as glass, great power curve. A joy to drive. Bought it to drive on the weekends. I sneak it out every chance I get!

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP - just read past all the "newbie" comments, people love to act like they are the guy below, probably going to jump their Fraptor this coming weekend.

I have had a few trucks and this one is surprisingly quiet.
My suggestion is to find a way to ride in someone else Raptor (same gen...maybe an event etc etc) and see if the noise is comparable

View attachment 355840
I’ve noticed a few specific people that love to simply s h i t on other people and offer no real help. So confused why people waste their time being toxic here unless they’re just mad their wife’s no longer letting them watch her nail their sons baseball coach.‍♂️

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The road noise on my 2021 raptor is pretty loud even not on highway (much louder than the generator fan noise and the AC for comparison). I have taken it to a nearby dealership and they said they did not find anything wrong. I also added padding foam on all doors' seal, but it only helped a little. Is this normal? if not, how should I fix this issue? Thanks a lot in advance!

My 21 gen 3 is pretty quiet to me... I'm coming from a 19MY ram with KO2, and also a 20MY ram stock big horn trim.

19MY ram with KO2 was very loud. No doubt. 20MY ram was quiet, because it was stock.

This raptor is quieter than both, and it has 35" KO2.

The only time you can hear them, and actually make it loud is when you put it on the "slippery" drive mode. Slippery drive mode turns off ALL types of noise processing, I think. So it turns off the annoying kind (fake engine), and also the good kind (hides the wind noise and road noise).

So drive it in slippery mode, put exhaust tone to quiet, and you will hear the real noise. The other drive modes should be quiet... at least it is for me.

Or, dont drive in the left lane all the time, where the middle boundary acts as a mirror and reflects all noise back to you.