Road force balance.. Needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alohawaii

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow is a big day. I am officially picking up my 22, Black, 37 package that I’ve been waiting 6 months for.

I’ve purchased
- Wildpeak AT3 37x12.5r18
- Volk TE37 18x9.0 / -1 / 6x135
- RPG 1.5” Collars

I plan on putting them on in a week or so.

Should I do RFB? @Pacific Wheel had a post a while ago that mentioned it. There’s one place that does it here. Since I’m going from 37 to 37 and not 35 to 37, I’m thinking maybe it’s not needed?

Anyways, for those that have had it, please let me know your thoughts.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
It should only be needed if the tires ride like poo and cant be balanced. But then, since you're replacing perfectly good 37's with 37's, why not.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use ceramic balance beads on my 2018 Raptor. I regularly exceed 100 mph for miles at a time on a local test track. Zero issues with balance.

These guys have an Amazon store as well. I use 8 oz. bags for my 35s. I’m on my third set of KO2s with balance beads. Always runs smooth.

They will return your phone call if you have questions. They’ll also throw in a fifth bag for your spare if you ask. A great American company.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
After the perch collar it will need alignment. As long as the new tires are mounted and balanced correctly I would think you will be fine. Like said above, if for some reason it does not ride well then road force balance.

I had an alignment and balance done after the Perch collar and wheels were installed and mine rides fantastic. I did not seek out a Road Force Balance, but I sure would have if ride quality suffered.

OP
OP
Alohawaii

Alohawaii

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the perch collar it will need alignment. As long as the new tires are mounted and balanced correctly I would think you will be fine. Like said above, if for some reason it does not ride well then road force balance.

I had an alignment and balance done after the Perch collar and wheels were installed and mine rides fantastic. I did not seek out a Road Force Balance, but I sure would have if ride quality suffered.
Thank you for your input! Appreciate it.

MookeyB37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s gunna depend on your tires… I went with 37” Ridge Grapplers and had an issue with run out. It was so bad they couldn’t get two of them even close and had to warranty them. Finally got it squared away