GEN 2 Ripped tail gate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m thankful to live half way across the world from this dude. Two trailers coming unhitched while not even pulling them? Unbelievable. Maybe get some aid from people who know what they’re doing before you end up getting someone killed?
Ah I'm assuming you have never had a F@ck up moment in your life? **** happens broski

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ah I'm assuming you have never had a F@ck up moment in your life? **** happens broski

I **** up daily. Just not like this. A secure latch and safety chains are a must. Happening once is bad enough but twice? Clearly nothing learned from the first time.

Has this happened to you twice?

OP
OP
hedonist222

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m thankful to live half way across the world from this dude. Two trailers coming unhitched while not even pulling them? Unbelievable. Maybe get some aid from people who know what they’re doing before you end up getting someone killed?

you are hereby summoned to wet nurse my reproductive organ

OP
OP
hedonist222

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score

thanks man

the first time it happened I thought I simply hadn't secured the coupler on the ball

so from that day I made double sure the latch was fully clasped

the second time it happened I realized that the notch must be dulled

Last edited:

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks.
Has a latch.
Looks like the notch is a bit worn out maybe.
I also now tether the trailer to the tow point on the car with a chain.
So if it does unhitch, it's still tethered.

You know what's particularly painful? This same thing happened to me a year ago on my Nissan patrol. Wasn't as lucky then - damage-wise.

But back to the point.

Tail gate options?

View attachment 136502 View attachment 136503
Seriously, you should stay away from towing. Twice this has happened to you ? Yikes...…..

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Bulldog hitch for the win. Everything else is guesswork. There is no doubt when this thing is latched. It WILL not come off the ball. Worth every penny. Now, if you don't keep that ball nut tight, all bets are off. Haha, ball nut.

Capture.JPG

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try to line up an Applique and convert the look. Then you only would have a split about an inch to patch, repair or even live with.