Rigid SS Fogs, XL Hyperspots snd Ignite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Uncas

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice
Could you post a link to the back lights ?
I’d like to do that

Was it a plug and play kit with the wire harness to go to the uplifer switch ?
I didn’t get the harness, instead I ran thru the frame back to Upditter 4. I plan on using them more for trailer hook up and area lighting. But if i need them for backing up, I’ll just flip the switch.
https://www.rigidindustries.com/ignite-backup-kit-bu-ignite.html

I ran the left light wire in 3/8 flex thru the hitch and spliced with the right. It took a little work with a fish tape to pull the flex thru the frame but it’s a clean look. Just need 25 feet of 3/8 flex and 16/18 gauge red and black wire.

image.jpg

2AB6E53D-9953-4850-9AEA-D52881FA2CA8.jpeg

F848C3A1-DD4B-4A1A-8803-F79FE6436CC7.jpeg

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice work
That’s exactly how I would do it .so it looks like the light mounts up using the hole right next to the tow hook . So no drilling it looks like . Correct ?

I will also go to uplifter 4 since 1,2,3 are.
Being used up front with the fog lights

Again thanks!

OP
OP
Uncas

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice work
That’s exactly how I would do it .so it looks like the light mounts up using the hole right next to the tow hook . So no drilling it looks like . Correct ?

I will also go to uplifter 4 since 1,2,3 are.
Being used up front with the fog lights

Again thanks!
Yes I used the existing holes in the bumper. I had to make one hole in the wheelwell liner for a ziptie. No new holes for the front lights. So far my 18 has only factory holes in the aluminum and no cut wires. Think I might have to drill some in the bed for my recovery box though.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's a great setup and I'm happy to see that the Dually XL can be squeezed in there with the D-SS lights.

If anyone would like to go with a similar setup, please reach out and we can help get you setup!

ewm98

Reaction score
Did you buy the mount for the SR-Ms or did you fabricate it yourself? I’m having a hard time finding a way to mount mine correctly.

OP
OP
Uncas

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you buy the mount for the SR-Ms or did you fabricate it yourself? I’m having a hard time finding a way to mount mine correctly.
I used the Diode Dynamics bracket and bought a longer stainless carriage bolt. I put two washers and a nut before the fog light bracket to adjust the height.

ewm98

Reaction score
I used the Diode Dynamics bracket and bought a longer stainless carriage bolt. I put two washers and a nut before the fog light bracket to adjust the height.

Maybe I’m missing something here but how did that get the Rigid logo on the SR-ms to be facing the correct way. On mine they are upside down. I sincerely apologize if I’m missing something obvious here.

Here’s a picture of what I’m talking about.
f6f916e4dfb237f164d826a652710a4f.jpg

OP
OP
Uncas

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I’m missing something here but how did that get the Rigid logo on the SR-ms to be facing the correct way. On mine they are upside down. I sincerely apologize if I’m missing something obvious here.

Here’s a picture of what I’m talking about.
f6f916e4dfb237f164d826a652710a4f.jpg
Ok, I got it now, I switched the cover 180 degrees even though Rigid said not too. Two Allen screws in the back allow for removal of the lens. Rotate and reinstall.