Rigid SR-L Backup Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I watched John’s video on these and have a question about installing them with his prefab harness——do they stay illuminated in red whenever your
lights are on or only when you’re in park?

As far as the red backlights you mean?

With the tail light adapter option, whenever the headlights, parking lights are on, and when you open the doors, lock or unlock the truck, etc. Whenever the marker lights and the tail lights are on, so will be the red backlight. Its on the same circuit.

Watch this short video at the 3:10 mark

John

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I did not feel the need to have even more red lights on the back of the truck but absolutely love the backward facing lights. They are very functional especially with trailers or camping. I went with the Baja S2 Pros but I only hooked it to the upfitter switch. I in good conscious could not throw 5k lumina worth of light behind me on every time I put the truck in reverse.

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Personally I did not feel the need to have even more red lights on the back of the truck but absolutely love the backward facing lights. They are very functional especially with trailers or camping. I went with the Baja S2 Pros but I only hooked it to the upfitter switch. I in good conscious could not throw 5k lumina worth of light behind me on every time I put the truck in reverse.
Lol. That’s the beauty of it. With 3 options, long harness to switches only, short harness to tail lights only and add the tail light adapter to the long harness for both… everyone can pick their style and not have a need to cut and modify wire or wire harnesses to make it happen!

John

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. That’s the beauty of it. With 3 options, long harness to switches only, short harness to tail lights only and add the tail light adapter to the long harness for both… everyone can pick their style and not have a need to cut and modify wire or wire harnesses to make it happen!

John
Your kit was perfect and it took maybe an hour to install. Thanks!

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
Here is an install video. This should show a little more detail. It covers all the rear light kit options, but as far as adding connectors to the lights, connecting to the switch wires, etc. It gives a better perspective as well.

John
John - Will you guys be running Black Friday Sales on the Rigid SR-L back-up lights? Wanting to pick these up for my pending 22’ Raptor.

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
John - Will you guys be running Black Friday Sales on the Rigid SR-L back-up lights? Wanting to pick these up for my pending 22’ Raptor.

We will definitely have some sales. We just don't have everything set out as to what and what they will all be. Either way, we will have them for your Raptor. I just got a ton of additional stock....

John