Rigid Radiance Scene Rear Lights Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the red backlit Radiance Scene reverse light kit from @Specialtyperformanceparts today. I'm super happy with the results! The weather pack connector set-up on the switch wires is brilliant allowing for all kinds of configurations with your switches and no need ever to cut any of the wires to reconfigure.

Got their Full Length Harness which routes from the rear lights to the switch wires for power/control and the Taillight Harness, which provides both reverse light and backlight power. I chose to run the reverse light power/control off of the switch only, but you could set it up to be powered automatically when put in reverse in addition to switch control. The backlight is powered by the Taillight Harness.

Took awhile to find and access the switch wires. Both sets were taped to a large wire bundle on the front side (side closest to the passenger side headlight) of the battery. The live wires were taped on top with a white and red tape holding them to the large wire bundle. I used the sharp end of a trim tool to pick away at the tape until it separated. The dead wires were underneath only a loop of it visible. They were secured in a bundle by a white piece of tape. I couldn't get a picture of them in place but here are some pics of the tape after removal and the exposed wires.

D3E3CE8C-8E0C-4182-B14A-A7D768FF568F_1_105_c.jpeg
162E2FE5-0C6A-430E-BB0A-61ABCD737681_1_105_c.jpeg

One difference on the 2021 Raptor was the small grounding bolt was removed, so I used a different one closer to the bumper and the large bumper ground. There are two identical bolts there, so I picked one of them.

608C5AFA-9383-4606-A0EF-AE06D5B50D81_1_105_c.jpeg 25EAC108-AB8A-4E0B-A61F-77E86C9F44DE_1_105_c.jpeg

A shot of the pair installed.

BFDD49D0-0F4E-41BD-9262-3F1B69FE5F85_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I had the Radiance (not scene) on the rear of my Gen2... will upgrade for the Gen3. I like the Radiance Scene for backup. Specialty makes a nice kit.

OP
OP
RotorOver

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I had the Radiance (not scene) on the rear of my Gen2... will upgrade for the Gen3. I like the Radiance Scene for backup. Specialty makes a nice kit.
Thanks! Definitely a great light, well built and for sure credit SPV for an excellent kit that makes everything as close to plug and play as you'll get.

SulDogger

Reaction score
Some more pics.
View attachment 326414
View attachment 326415

View attachment 326416

Reverse light off/on. There is a small street light right next to our driveway, so it isn't completely dark, but you can see the difference.

View attachment 326417

View attachment 326418
Looks great! I just installed the rigid lights today, however for the life of me I can‘t seem to find the guide for the wire colors and aux switches, even googled it. Do you happen to know which colors go to switches 5 & 6? Thanks for any help with this.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks great! I just installed the rigid lights today, however for the life of me I can‘t seem to find the guide for the wire colors and aux switches, even googled it. Do you happen to know which colors go to switches 5 & 6? Thanks for any help with this.
It all depends on what model year your truck is. What year is your Raptor?

John

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I added Baja S2 pro’s on my upfitters. Didn’t need more brake lights and didn’t want to blind the world every time I put it in reverse