Rigid Radiance Scene Backlight Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pin is in the right spot and inserted the right away.

I did upgrade to the unofficial Sync 3.4, could that update have remapped what that empty socket is for?
No, It looks to me that you are wired to the accessory delay relay. Which makes sense as to why they would only light up when your truck is in accessory mode. (key on, Truck off)
Pin 16 in that same connector shows to be a spare 20amp, Hot in start or run. May be worth a shot.

Edit, Pin 16 is a different pin size so the one you have wont work..

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, It looks to me that you are wired to the accessory delay relay. Which makes sense as to why they would only light up when your truck is in accessory mode. (key on, Truck off)
Pin 16 in that same connector shows to be a spare 20amp, Hot in start or run. May be worth a shot.

Edit, Pin 16 is a different pin size so the one you have wont work..

But of I am using the same socket as everyone else with Johns kit, why is no one else having issues like I am.

OP
OP
L

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How would I know the answer to that?

Ok, now I am confused, maybe the Friday whiskey old fashioneds hitting me already. You said above that I was wired to the accessory delay relay...but I am wired to same socket as everyone else using Johns kit...hence my comment/question...thanks for the help though.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, now I am confused, maybe the Friday whiskey old fashioneds hitting me already. You said above that I was wired to the accessory delay relay...but I am wired to same socket as everyone else using Johns kit...hence my comment/question...thanks for the help though.
What info did johns kit provide as far as where and what you where pinning in the BCM? Does is have any info other than “this wire goes here.”? I’m just looking at the ford wiring diagram that shows that connector and telling you what it says and appears to be exactly what is happening to you. I don’t know who is using this kit, how many people are using this kit or if they have mentioned anything about it not working while they are driving. I’m sure the company that sold you the kit will have some info other than “look at this picture”.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What info did johns kit provide as far as where and what you where pinning in the BCM? Does is have any info other than “this wire goes here.”? I’m just looking at the ford wiring diagram that shows that connector and telling you what it says and appears to be exactly what is happening to you. I don’t know who is using this kit, how many people are using this kit or if they have mentioned anything about it not working while they are driving. I’m sure the company that sold you the kit will have some info other than “look at this picture”.

Yeah, we sold probable 1,000 kits and only one other person I spoke to had a similar issue and the pin was just in a different place. The moved it and it fixed the problem.

This is the same location in both the F-150 and Raptor were we source ignition power for our console switch panel.

Here is an install video on the BCM pin kit

Here is a video on our switch panel in the daytime with lights off. Only ignition on as well. (At 3:40)

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Maybe we can set up a Facetime? Do you have an iPhone?

This way you can show me and I can verify if its correct or not and then we can go from there. Then I can show you mine and we can try to simulate your situation to compare. (Something tells me to rephrase my response after rereading... but I guess I'll leave it for humor... ugh... lol To be clear, we are talking about F-150 Raptor Trucks...)

John

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks John. Do you have a video with this setup with the truck engine running and just the backlight? I really like that you offer this over having a customer cut/tap existing wires. So please don’t think I’m trying to be negative in anyway. I just want to verify.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe we can set up a Facetime? Do you have an iPhone?

This way you can show me and I can verify if its correct or not and then we can go from there. Then I can show you mine and we can try to simulate your situation to compare. (Something tells me to rephrase my response after rereading... but I guess I'll leave it for humor... ugh... lol To be clear, we are talking about F-150 Raptor Trucks...)

John

Hi John, Ill text you tomorrow, I dont use an Iphone but my wife does, we can use her phone. Appreciate the help.