GEN 2 Rigid Radiance question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MtopRaptor

Reaction score
hey all, tax refund time!

I really like the halo effect of the Rigid. My question is can that halo be switched on by my running lights without having to use my auxiliary switches on the roof? If this is correct would I just wire the white leds to these switches?

I’m not sure if I want to go with 3 of the same or do some type of spot and 2 radiance.

The other question is are these Dot approved? I would like to use them on road too.

Thanks in advance

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I really like the halo effect of the Rigid. My question is can that halo be switched on by my running lights without having to use my auxiliary switches on the roof? If this is correct would I just wire the white leds to these switches?

I’m not sure if I want to go with 3 of the same or do some type of spot and 2 radiance.

The other question is are these Dot approved? I would like to use them on road too.

Thanks in advance

To answer your question. So yes, you can wire in the back light feature of the Radiance lights so that they come on when your truck is on. You'll just tap that wire into the fuse panel for your running lights. OR what most guys do, just tap them into a circuit that turns on when the truck is on. You can then utilize 3 of your upfitters to control the white light.

And no, they are not DOT approved. Rigid has, what they call, their "SAE" light which conforms to the DOT/SAE regulations for forwarding facing light. Basically it just means that when it comes to forward facing light they are under the maximum amount allowed. There are no LAWS that dictated a requirement for fogs, therefore, there is no DOT/SAE approved fog lights, as it's optional equipment.

With that said... Rigid's D-Series SAE lights and their Radiance line, along with the Baja Designs S2 lights, all fall under the candlepower ratings for forwarding facing light. So you'd be fine.

The radiance looks cool with the back light, but honestly the spot lights built in offer no real useable light. It's more of a cool feature to have. If you want some REAL output you'll either want the D-Series lights from Rigid or the Baja Designs lights. THOSE offer some REAL lights that you can actually get some great use out of. The downside, no cool back light feature.

Let me know if we can help you pick out a solution.

We stock/sell both Baja Designs and Rigid products. We also have available for the Gen2s, our SPP Triple Fog Light Kits. These brackets are made right here in america from stainless steel and are some of the most rugged brackets on the market. They don't have any tabs on them that can bend easily and our kits include our custom made all-in-one wiring harness to make it easy to install them using your existing upfitters.

Check them out here. http://www.4x4truckleds.com/specialty-performance-parts/

Baja Brackets.jpg

Rigid D-Series Pro Brackets.jpg

Rigid Radiance Brackets.jpg

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks in advance

You have received some great answers. Hopefully they lead you in the right direction.

I can add a few additional answers.

You can connect the amber backlight (or red backlight for the rear... more later) to the marker light wire if you would like. Or you can combine them all and simply connect them to the 5th or 6th switch. The last 2 switches are only 5 amps and won’t power much, so it isn’t a real waste to use them.
(The one good thing about using a switch is that you don't cut into any of the factory harnesses. That eliminates any warranty concerns later on.)
If you go with all 3 Radiance, since they offer the same light pattern, you can simply combine all 3 of the main white lights to one switch. That would only then take up switch 1, and 6 if you put the backlights there. As Adam pointed out, the SPP brackets are the best quality on the market. When I designed them, I took every make and model out there and picked them apart for flaws and improved on every aspect. They are full high grade reinforced stainless steel, so they are rust proof and stronger than any standard steel bracket. In addition, they are full black powdercoated and look great.
On the light options, I’d like to refer you to a couple videos below. The First is my exclusive Radiance 360 kit. It adds 2 rear red radiance lights as well. That is an exclusive.
The next video is the radiance scene/pro kit.
That kit is really cool. It adds a pair of pro driving side shooters that are the brightest overal fog with 6 forward facing led’s And 2 side shooting led’s
Other second pair is sae, which is street legal. Then the 3rd is the radiance scene. The new high end amber backlight version of the radiance with 4 led’s Instead of 1. Last, it has the red rear radiance. Also available in scene with 4 led’s

You can find them all at-
Spvparts.com

http://specialtyperformanceparts.com

And forum members can use code - raptorforum100 for 10% off any time.

Thanks again!

John - SPP

Here are the videos-

Last edited:
OP
OP
MtopRaptor

MtopRaptor

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the great information, I understand it is possible to mix and match? So if I did 2 radiance for the cool factor and one non radiance for functionality what light would be best?

Regards

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the great information, I understand it is possible to mix and match? So if I did 2 radiance for the cool factor and one non radiance for functionality what light would be best?

Regards

You can do that, but the harnesses may be different. For example Baja uses Weatherpack and Rigid D-Series use DT connectors. The radiance line, due to their cheaper price, just have bare leads.

We can customize the harness for you though. So if you say want 1 Baja and 2 rigid, we can change out the plugs. Or if you wanted 2 radiance + 1 rigid d-series, we can give you the connectors you need. Just let us know so we can customize the harness for you.

Sooo if i were in your shoes and wanted some backlight options i'd say do 2 ambers (which is the most common color, because it matches the raptors 3 amber lights). OR another cool option is match it to your truck. I've had customers with blue trucks get blue... customers with white trucks get white. We stock every color radiance.

Sooo let's say for arguments sake you decide to do 2 rigid radiance in amber. For a 3rd light i'd say get maybe the SAE D-Series lights. These you could run at all times as it's a nice "everyday use" light. Another popular option could be to use the Baja Designs S2 Pro in Wide Cornering, which is another great "everyday use light" as your main fogs.

Just shoot me a PM or email me ([email protected]) and i'd be happy to help you build out a kit and customize it to your needs.

You'd basically go with these parts (there is a "kit" discount btw, so these are just individual parts, email me and I can let you know the "kit" price)

Brackets (wire harness would be free in the "kit" price I give you as a heads up): http://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-brackets/

Rigid Radiance: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/rigid-industries/radiance/radiance-pod/

Rigid D-Series SAE: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/rigid-industries-d-series-sae-fog-lights-pair/

OP
OP
MtopRaptor

MtopRaptor

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back. I will have a look at this tonight when I get home from work.