Rigid Radiance Backlight Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. Did you happen to use this option? In the pictures, it looks like the wiring is done under the dash, but that seems strange to me based on where the wiring harness ties to the AUX switches. Is there a place to easily tie the white ambient light lead up near the AUX leads?

You don't need to go into the cabin to tie in. Just use a fuse tap and you can tap into the fuse panel in your engine bay. Easiest method and works great.

Use this harness and you are golden, we'll include the fuse tap: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/crystal...rness-w-connectors-rigid-industries-radiance/

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. Did you happen to use this option? In the pictures, it looks like the wiring is done under the dash, but that seems strange to me based on where the wiring harness ties to the AUX switches. Is there a place to easily tie the white ambient light lead up near the AUX leads?

There is a new and additional option. I wouldn't mess with a fuse tap personally. This is a direct plug in from our new patent pending harness system.

Also featured on Motor Head Garage-

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The backlighting draws very little power. Most folks are directly connecting them to the OEM running lights or with our harness like ours connecting them to a separate aux switch. With that said, adding a relay isn't a bad idea if you want to connect them directly.

I have these lights in a kit from ORA’s site along w/ a set of KC hi-lite spots, & as mentioned here, my choice was to have em all wired to the aux switches. I wanted the option to turn the backlighting on the rigid lights whenever I chose so di as follows:

aux 1 turns on KC spots
Aux 2 turns on the fog function inside pair of rigid radiance
Aux 3 turns on fogs for the putter pair of rigids
Aux 4 turns on only the backlighting function for both pairs of rigid radiance lights simultaneously
ORA did the install for me was quick like 2 hrs maybe can’t say bout the install since they did it but haven’t had any issues & is the 2nd time I’ve purchased lights from them.

I plan on using Aux5 for a set of rear spot lights & aux6 to add led lighting to the bed since my 801a truck lacks it & ive had it in my last 3 trucks prior & sorely miss it