GEN 2 Rigid light placement in bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbird18

Reaction score
I've ordered the 6-pack and want to know if there is any difference in which order I mount the lights. The kit I ordered is the Rigid D Series with Diffused, Flood and Spot.

Part of me says there won't be any difference made no matter where the lights are. The other part of me says I should mount the Floods outboard, diffused in the middle and the spots inboard. I'm using a bracket instead of the bezel.

Am I already making this too complicated or is there some logic here?

I did scan through the lighting section and didn't see a thread that answered this. I suppose there may be a reason this question doesnt appear.

Thank you for your thoughts and comments.

wjn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same set mounted (by the car dealer), do not know exactly how they mounted it. (I will pick up the truck next week.) I would prefer the spot inside and the driving in the middle of the three lights. The diffused can be angled slightly to the outside.

Anyway, make sure the lights are not obstructed by the bumper:

OP
OP
blackbird18

blackbird18

Reaction score
That pretty much answered my questions. Thank you.

Now, who sells something that will make my wife not want to murder me for spending more than $11 on lights?

mm767cap

Reaction score
I have the same set mounted (by the car dealer), do not know exactly how they mounted it. (I will pick up the truck next week.) I would prefer the spot inside and the driving in the middle of the three lights. The diffused can be angled slightly to the outside.

Anyway, make sure the lights are not obstructed by the bumper:

How do you like this setup? Do you have the lightbar as well? Interested in getting this set for my rig, but would love to hear someone with real world experience.

wjn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both the Rigids below and the S8 (spot version) in the grille:

The "fog" lights are on upfitter switch #5 (because this and #6 are modified to be switched on with contact off).
The other both Rigids lights together with the S8 lightbar are on switch #1.

In the night of Friday to Saturday I was driving home and played a little with the lights on the highway.
The Rigid SAE fog's have about the same intensity as the high beams. When switched on, it fills up left and right sides. I did not adjust the rigids myself yet, the dealer installed them face straight forward.

The other lights, since I choose to connect them to one switch, I cannot comment separately. Together they are like daylight. Few days before I was driving through the forest, it really lightens up everything.

However on the highway it is not lighting very far, with this intensity. I do not know yet, if this is just how it is (rigids are mounted relatively low and the S8 is behind the grille), or I need to fine adjust the lights. I have to figure this out in the coming weeks. I will add some night shots too.

In my memory a set of Hella Rally 2000's (also in combo 2x driving & 2x spot, all four 130W equipped) did better for distance. But first I have to check the aiming, then the conclusion.

Last edited:

mm767cap

Reaction score
I have both the Rigids below and the S8 (spot version) in the grille:

View attachment 120151

The "fog" lights are on upfitter switch #5 (because this and #6 are modified to be switched on with contact off).
The other both Rigids lights together with the S8 lightbar are on switch #1.

In the night of Friday to Saturday I was driving home and played a little with the lights on the highway.
The Rigid SAE fog's have about the same intensity as the high beams. When switched on, it fills up left and right sides. I did not adjust the rigids myself yet, the dealer installed them face straight forward.

The other lights, since I choose to connect them to one switch, I cannot comment separately. Together they are like daylight. Few days before I was driving through the forest, it really lightens up everything.

However on the highway it is not lighting very far, with this intensity. I do not know yet, if this is just how it is (rigids are mounted relatively low and the S8 is behind the grille), or I need to fine adjust the lights. I have to figure this out in the coming weeks. I will add some night shots too.

In my memory a set of Hella Rally 2000's (also in combo 2x driving & 2x spot, all four 130W equipped) did better for distance. But first I have to check the aiming, then the conclusion.

Great stuff. Thanks very much for the writeup and impression of the lights. SICK looking ride you have...

OP
OP
blackbird18

blackbird18

Reaction score
I wound up mounting the diffused lights towards the middle of the truck, the spot, then flood.

The spots would have been partially obstructed by the bumper and the diffused are for lighting the side of the road.

I'm happy with this setup but I need to fine-tune the aim a little more. 15525039748202677866200211343007.jpg