Rigid (Ford) fog light installation help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Banks

Reaction score
Received the Rigid 3-led fog light kit with the Ford part number for Christmas and I am just getting around to installing it. The only thing that is kicking my butt is trying to figure out how to get these lights aligned so that the covers go on like they are supposed to. I called Rigid since they make the kit for Ford and they were not much help other than telling me that I need to play with it.

The online instructions from Ford are pretty much useless for this. Putting the brackets on? No problem. The wiring will be no problem. Trying to figure out to align these pigs are a PITA. Only this I was told was to make them so that the lens covers can go on/off easily...yeah right.

Anyone install these lights or similar and have any tips as far as spacing, etc? Adjusting everything to get this to work is just a pain with hours into it an no progress.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the Ford kit. But you may want to just buy a better set of brackets that will let you align the lights better. Sounds like (from what I've seen with Rigid) that they give you one hold for the light to insert into, right? Which gives you no room for adjusting them as you REALLY want to.

So maybe if you are having issues, ditch the mounts and try these out:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-triple-fog-light-brackets-for-2017-ford-raptors/

Made right here on Long Island out of stainless steel + powder coated. Also includes a lifetime warranty.

Check out this video that shows how easy it is to adjust the lights and install them wherever you need to. I'm sure these will REALLY help with your Rigid setup in that they will allow you to put the covers on and off as you need to.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's just the normal Rigid D-Series kit...

The brackets are not terrible but don't give you any vertical alignment.

tabshim

Reaction score
Hi
I just installed thes brackets from SPVparts, liked the flexibility in fine tuning each of the 3 lights.

Bracket for fog lights

tabshim

Reaction score
I’ve installed 3 Rigid 4”round fog lights.
The inner ones are Spot, middle ones SAEs for street Leagal use, the outer ones Driving ones (aimed the later ones more to the periphery to help widening the angle when off-road).
good luck