Rigid Fog light install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
hey everyone, first time poster, long time lurker.

I recently bought some Rigid Fog lights and installed them, however I am having some trouble. I am by no expert on electrical so I'm looking for help on this matter.
I have the rigid harness, I am a bit confused on which wires need to be connected to the Aux switches. There is three wires with each harness, along with a ground and a terminal post.
I know the ground gets connected to the frame, but what about the terminal post? the switches are powered I'm guessing its not needed?
Also, which wire do I need to connect to the Aux switches.

Thanks everyone.

I searched far and wide for pictures or videos of the wiring install and have not been able to find anything.

Mannyrz

Just me
Reaction score
Just did mine this weekend had a harness done by off road alliance did 2 sets to switch 2 and the othe pair on aux 3.. maybe you could post a picture of the the harness

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure as I have baha design fogs , but I believe rigid has a backlighting option ,is yours the radiance ones?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The harness that comes with the Rigid kit is not that great. They kind of leave you to figuring it out (which is why you are here).

If you want to replace that with an easier harness, go with this one: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...rness-w-connectors-rigid-industries-radiance/

Really easy. 3 switches control the 3 pairs of lights. And a 4th switch controls the back lighting.

If you decide to keep what you have... basically red = positive (upfitter), black=ground and the 3rd wire is your back-light wire. Which you can wire to another upfitter or use a fuse tap. I'd recommend twisting all 3 pairs of back-light wires together and control the back lights together.

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks appreciate it, I will probably use the harness I have in the meantime. But yeah I’ve seen some of the harnesses that come with other kits and they look top notch.