Rigid Flush Mount Backup Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Rigid 980033 flush mount backup lights.

IMG-9123-2.jpg

Mounted a rubber covered double throw double pole (On-Off-On) toggle switch on the secondary panel behind the bumper. It allows the lights to operate along with the standard backup lights, has the off position so as to operate the standard backup lights without the Rigids, and also to operate the Rigids without the ignition key on and the truck in reverse.

IMG-9115-2.jpg [/url][/IMG]

Fabricated this fiberglass cover to protect the backside of the toggle switch from the elements.

IMG-9116-1.jpg

I actually installed the Rigids over a month ago. Turns out one of them was shorted inside its case. After going thru 8 fuses to trouble shoot the problem, I contacted Rigid. Their first knee jerk response was for me to return the whole kit (both lights, the 20 foot long wiring harness, etc.) to the seller. I asked them to work with me here since it was all already installed in the truck. So, they said okay, return just the defective light to them for warranty repair. I sent it the same day. Over a MONTH later, I finally receive a new replacement light.

Don't know if I can recommend them. A great quality light, but...terribly slow service if there is a problem.

Last edited: