Rigid 20" Lightbar & Duallys - Installation Instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
May be a stupid question but is it possible to rewire the upfitter switches?? It seems you could pull the upfitters switches up and move the wire for upfitter 4 to the 1 or 2 position and move that to the 4 position? Not sure if it's that simple...just a thought.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
May be a stupid question but is it possible to rewire the upfitter switches?? It seems you could pull the upfitters switches up and move the wire for upfitter 4 to the 1 or 2 position and move that to the 4 position? Not sure if it's that simple...just a thought.

Could be a potential nightmare for the next owner though if current owner doesn't document it anywhere but a good idea.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score

IIRC, the upfitters have one big plug on the back so I think you'd have to swap out wires in the plug...

Could be a potential nightmare for the next owner though if current owner doesn't document it anywhere but a good idea.

...and you care why? :biggrin: :biggrin:

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 20" Rigid light bar installed...

So here's a pic with the Rigid light bar turned off:

DSCN1407.jpg

And another one with the Rigid light bar on:

DSCN1408.jpg

This light is amazing! I was a little concerned about using amber at first but Taylor assured me that it works well.

While the range seems about the same as lvdezertdawg's white light bar, my amber seems to be a little more of a "spot" in the center... but it could just be the color.

Where the amber really shines (pun intended) is in the dust. We went down some trails and I could not see a thing in the dust with my headlights on. So I turned them off and ran just the amber light bar. What a difference! I was able to see decently and stay right with 'dawg. I tried switching the headlights on and off a few times and finally left them off. (The glare with the headights on was blinding!)

Thanks Taylor!!!!

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
<SNIP>

...and you care why? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Because I've had some stupid **** done to cars and houses by the previous owner that I've had to clean up, some with disastrous results that could have been avoided if things were documented or followed a service manual or code. :)

FYI Mark, your lights look great. I had a 20 inch all amber light bar in my order too but cancelled since I really have way too many lights on this truck, especially with the two pairs of dually's.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DSCN1408.jpg

This light is amazing!

Looks GREAT Mark! I can't wait to see it in person.

amber_alert.jpg

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because I've had some stupid **** done to cars and houses by the previous owner that I've had to clean up, some with disastrous results that could have been avoided if things were documented or followed a service manual or code. :)

FYI Mark, your lights look great. I had a 20 inch all amber light bar in my order too but cancelled since I really have way too many lights on this truck, especially with the two pairs of dually's.

LOL... we really need to get some kind of tongue in cheek icon... I knew the answer before I asked the question. (I think many of us have experienced the frustration of "creative fixes" made by previous owners)

And thanks... I really like the look of the amber. Being an "LED idiot" I didn't realize the light would be clear when off just like a white light! And the white is awesome too! lvdezertdawg took some pics of his and I hope he posts his soon or I'll post the ones I took of his truck!:mrgreen: