Right vs Left

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wanna_b_03

Reaction score
I live in rural Kansas where the deer population is greater than human population. Once my truck shows up I'd like to get triple pods in the bumper. Is there a simple solution to be able to turn on the passengers side with one outfitter switch and the drivers side with a different one? This way I'm not blinding oncoming cars but can still keep my eyes on those truck destroying creatures!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That seems like an aiming issue more so than lighting up one side or the other. If properly aimed, the BD spots wouldn’t offend oncoming drivers, but wide corner or driving combo would probably be a problem.

if you’re going for road side critters, I’d consider the wide corner B/D squadron pros, maybe a driving combo. Wide corner squadrons are legit and a great bang for the buck at lighting up the roadside in the near range. You will need some distance lighting to push further out.

I do SAE, combo spot, but am moving the spots out and replacing with amber combo. I keep the SAE lit on back roads, and run a white combo for additional fill. The only reason I don’t have a wide corner in there now is that they’re way too much for oncoming traffic and I’m constantly having to shut them down, where I can get away with a combo squadron pro here in TX because it seems to be customary to run off road LED bars here. I don’t like seeing them but apparently everyone here thinks they’re cool.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may need to make a custom wire harness to connect left only and right only Why, each pair of lights connect and then to an uplifted switch.

OP
OP
W

wanna_b_03

Reaction score
You may need to make a custom wire harness to connect left only and right only Why, each pair of lights connect and then to an uplifted switch.
That's what I was afraid of. Wiring is something I have never been good at. I was hopeful there was a ready made harness

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That seems like an aiming issue more so than lighting up one side or the other. If properly aimed, the BD spots wouldn’t offend oncoming drivers, but wide corner or driving combo would probably be a problem.

if you’re going for road side critters, I’d consider the wide corner B/D squadron pros, maybe a driving combo. Wide corner squadrons are legit and a great bang for the buck at lighting up the roadside in the near range. You will need some distance lighting to push further out.

I do SAE, combo spot, but am moving the spots out and replacing with amber combo. I keep the SAE lit on back roads, and run a white combo for additional fill. The only reason I don’t have a wide corner in there now is that they’re way too much for oncoming traffic and I’m constantly having to shut them down, where I can get away with a combo squadron pro here in TX because it seems to be customary to run off road LED bars here. I don’t like seeing them but apparently everyone here thinks they’re cool.
Do the SAE give you that much noticeable additional light? I am going back and forth right now on the same thing. I want to run the extra light for deer since i also live in the country. But the same issue would be constantly flipping any non-SAE lights off and on for incoming traffic. I would assume you mounted them on the outside?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Do the SAE give you that much noticeable additional light? I am going back and forth right now on the same thing. I want to run the extra light for deer since i also live in the country. But the same issue would be constantly flipping any non-SAE lights off and on for incoming traffic. I would assume you mounted them on the outside?

Ideally, I’d have a wide corner running for this, because the SAE are noticeably weaker but legal, so I can leave them on. Yes, mine are on the outside.

They help, for sure.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to contact #Specialtyperformanceparts about a custom harness if you don’t feel comfortable. I would explain to them what you want to accomplish and they will be able to help you with anything you need.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the Pocono mountains in a rural part of PA. Lots of twisty roads with tons of white-tails everywhere. The SAE's give me enough side fill that they help a lot for spotting something that may be coming and jump out in front of you. it's nice not having to turn them on and off. I also have pro combo's, and driving spots. The combo's are amazing but you can't leave them on when another car comes or you will blind the crap out of them, same with the spots.