GEN 2 'Rig' walkaround - lighting, storage, Aux battery, comms, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my 2019 802A w tech as a daily and for extended camping trips in remote areas.

Anything I've done to the truck (so far) had to meet the following criteria:
field serviceable (in remote areas)
reliable/safe
functional
not degrade the value of the truck
upgradeable - as tech and needs change

I added an auxiliary battery, BCDC charger, some storage solutions, tonneau and rack, additional outlets via fuse panel, land mobile radio (powered by aux battery for monitoring in camp), solar inputs/compressor terminals in bed, driving/reverse and side flood lights, dash solar trickle charger input for main or aux battery, dashcam (powered by aux battery in parking mode), and a few other things.

I haven't touched suspension, engine, bumpers, wheels or tires yet. I'll need to upgrade suspension at some point as I run 400-500 lbs total in the bed on some trips - rooftop tent, elec fridge cooler, tonneau, rack, recovery and camping gear, aux battery, etc.

I most often use the truck as a daily, so am just running the battery, rack and tonneau (200 lbs) plus misc.

There are two vids - one a complete walkaround. The second, just a focus on the electrical (since I've been asked to tackle that topic many times). So if you were going to watch one, the general would probably make sense. I peppered in a few trip pics too. New to being on camera and editing vids.

General:

Elec:

I plan to do a recovery gear, camping gear/setup, and Raptor review vid in the future. I might publish some trip videos from time to time.

If you have any specific questions on the 'build', feel free. Happy to help.