Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Rifle Storage

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Interior Modifications Forum [GEN 1]' started by Goon, Jan 19, 2020.

Special Vehicle Concepts
  1. Goon

Goon Member

Decided to fashion a locking rack/mount for one of my rifles under the rear seat. Used the holes that secure the carpet to run the bolts through (only had to bore them out slightly) for the mount.
    I plan on wiring it to the up fitter switches for ease of access. Any advice/input on the wiring to the up fitter switches?

upload_2020-1-19_16-7-55.jpeg upload_2020-1-19_16-8-12.jpeg

2. B E N

B E N Full Access Member

The upfitters will terminate up under the glove box, there are some guides on here about it. For what you are doing I would just pop the console, grab whichever switch you want and figure out what side is switched, you can connect directly to it and run wiring under the carpet and have a nice, sanitary wiring job in less than a half hour. They are fused under the hood.

3. Sozzy12

Sozzy12 FRF Addict

Just a thought, but the Duha under seat storage can be ordered or made to mount a couple rifles. Also, I have the BuiltRight back seat release, so I keep my pea shooter behind the seat.

4. mpk1996

mpk1996 Full Access Member

yeah

behind the seat is way better. out of the way. you can use the area under the seat. and its very hard to see even if you are looking under the seat. super fast to access with the built right seat pull too

5. Gary E

Gary E Full Access Member

For others reading, all of this applies only to the SCREW.