Rifle Storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goon

Reaction score
Decided to fashion a locking rack/mount for one of my rifles under the rear seat. Used the holes that secure the carpet to run the bolts through (only had to bore them out slightly) for the mount.
I plan on wiring it to the up fitter switches for ease of access. Any advice/input on the wiring to the up fitter switches?

upload_2020-1-19_16-7-55.jpeg upload_2020-1-19_16-8-12.jpeg

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The upfitters will terminate up under the glove box, there are some guides on here about it. For what you are doing I would just pop the console, grab whichever switch you want and figure out what side is switched, you can connect directly to it and run wiring under the carpet and have a nice, sanitary wiring job in less than a half hour. They are fused under the hood.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a thought, but the Duha under seat storage can be ordered or made to mount a couple rifles. Also, I have the BuiltRight back seat release, so I keep my pea shooter behind the seat.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah

behind the seat is way better. out of the way. you can use the area under the seat. and its very hard to see even if you are looking under the seat. super fast to access with the built right seat pull too

BozoAstronaut

Reaction score
Trick or Treat! Those locks are super easy to open!

*I’m not normally a stick in the mud but I feel like it’s worth warning unsuspecting shoppers that police-style locks are not very secure.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ended up ordering these:

https://builtrightind.com/collectio...ndustries-ford-f-series-rear-seat-release-kit

I figured I'll just keep the AR in the rifle case behind the seat. It's got enough room to keep two mags in it, plus it has a scope, so I don't wanna worry about something hitting it and knocking the scope adjustment off. I haven't seen any behind the seat mounts, and I definitely don't want it mounted out in the open. I'd rather leave the space under the seat available for stuff I use a lot more often, and the subwoofer is on the other side as well.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After doing a test fit with the rifle in the case behind the rear seat it's just too tight to the point I'm not alright with it. I've decided I will remove the storage bin that goes under the left side of the rear seat and relocate/replace the factory Sony subwoofer. With the storage bin and subwoofer removed the gun fits perfect in the case with 2 mags and my sling under the two seats. I'll be putting the subwoofer setup behind the rear seat as it seems to be the best out of the way location for it.