Ridiculous

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve19Raptor

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, I'm in and out of the same boat with my 19. Lost both turbos last week and when I finally got the service manager to call me back he was swamped doing three peoples jobs as two had walked out. Ended the conversation with " you have powertrain coverage to 60k, if she blows you'll get an engine replacement faster than we can get the parts you need. Turbos and cam phasers and the elusive intake manifold gasket. Currently driving it like I stole it waiting for the boom. If mine ever gets fixed definitely not keeping it.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you on the dealer issues. Not that is anywhere nearly as far to drive, but I drive my truck 20 miles to the dealer I purchased my '18 from new to have them do anything more than an oil change. The in-town dealer that is about 3 miles from my house is full of a bunch of tools, and when I was going to buy a Superduty diesel from them and was asking about having a front locker installed before I picked it up from the order I had to explain their 'lead drivetrain tech' what an electronic locking differential is and how they need to install it---once that started, I have never gone back for anything but the basic oil change, and yeah, I take them Amsoil to use for even the oil change.

The dealer I go to for Service, Wright Ford in Redmond, Oregon, set up an appointment to diagnose the phasers this last March, called when it was diagnosed that afternoon and let me know if would be a while until the parts would be in and no worries for me to drive it in the meantime...they called last week set up for a 2-day service appointment to have them changed out for May 9-10th, 2022.

Good luck, not sure where you live, but if you are anywhere in the NW I would recommend Wright, and even help you out getting it in, picked up,etc.

MPRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call ur local TV news folks. If they have a “Channel 6 On Your Side” or similar thing maybe they’ll pick up the story, contact the dealer and Ford and get u some help. These guys hate being put in the “spotlight” for their crappy business practices. Nothing like negative news coverage to spur folks to action. Maybe u can go with them to meet the dealership GM personally, although those slimeballs usually just hide from customers after the deal is done. Good Luck.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Timing chain rattle started around 40k. I had the reprogram done after they reimplemented it.

Do you mean cam phasers?
Reprogram doesn’t help if they’re already making noise.

(I also wanted them to check on oil loss, water on the passenger floorboard, and the incessant turbo connector rattle.)
Oil loss: leaking or consumption??

Water on floorboard, TSB posted on this forum, do a search. Easy fix. Don’t wait for the “water guy”.

Turbo wastegate rattle or connector thingy?

They told me that everything was fixed except the water leak because their "water guy" hadn't showed up to work and noone could get ahold of him.

hekster1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also ran in to a problem “did you buy the vehicle from us”. We’ll I did not so I got screwed around. Took my truck back to the dealer that I bought it from 2 hours away. They ordered the parts called me and I brought the truck there. The only problem was no loaner and I had to rent my own car. I did get reimbursed for 95% of the rental fee. I can live with that. By the way it was for the Cam Phasers. So far so good on that repair. Wish you luck but this seems like a trend that I wish Ford would address…

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
This is more of a story and to see what my options are than anything. I bought a 2019 F150 Raptor new from a dealer 3 hours away from where I live. I love my truck but am thoroughly disgusted with Ford and every dealer I have tried to work with.
Timing chain rattle started around 40k. I had the reprogram done after they reimplemented it. Drove another 2kish miles and the truck was rattling worse than before. Called the dealer and they suddenly vanished. Refused to return phone calls. No email reply. Nothing. I attempted to get my truck in to 3 other local dealers and got the "Did you buy it here? No? Then I'd take it somewhere else." treatment. Looks like the factory warranty and the money spent on my ESP was a joke... Well after 4 months of trying to find a dealer to service my truck under warranty to no avail, I called the dealer I purchased it from. They were more than willing to get me in the following week and said everything should be done quickly. (I also wanted them to check on oil loss, water on the passenger floorboard, and the incessant turbo connector rattle.) Cool. I made the 3.5 hour trip and dropped it off... At least it'll get fixed.

Boy was I wrong. After a week I called to check on its status. They told me that everything was fixed except the water leak because their "water guy" hadn't showed up to work and noone could get ahold of him. Since it was a Friday at that point and "he only comes on Monday" I figured I'd wait.
Another week goes by and I call again. "He didn't shoe up this week either. Sorry" I told them I can't wait on a guy who won't come to work forever and need my truck. I was promptly informed that everything else is fixed and you can pick it up whenever.
I had to work the following 3 days and at this point was without a vehicle so I had a couple family members make the trip 3 hours to get the truck. I called before they left to make sure nothing was owed and was told they would call me right back. Family didn't want to be driving all day so they went ahead and left. 4 hours later they arrived and no callback had been done by the dealer. When they asked for the keys they were informed that NONE of the work was completed and that they were waiting on 29 parts to show up. After a small fit being thrown by me, they said they would call ford to see if I could get a replacement vehicle. What do I get to replace my Raptor? A volkswagen jetta. Well that won't haul anything. Looks like I'm gonna have to put off finishing my bathroom install and hauling my fourwheeler down to the lease property for another couple weeks.

Fast forward 5 more weeks and here I am. I called today to check and still waiting on parts. I've now paid payments without having the truck, and have nearly missed an entire season without a truck. Theres no way to put the four wheeler in the jetta and i sont think enterprise would want me driving it where i need to get. I called Ford customer service and after 20 minutes of waiting for someone to answer the call dropped on their end. Someone picked up and it went silent. Great. I wait another 20 minutes and someone answers. She tells me that their current loaner payback program only cover 15 days. Well then maybe you should ship my ******* parts to the dealer. They call the dealer to "check" on what I already checked on 10 minutes earlier. After waiting another 5 minutes, call drops again. Is there anything I can do? I'm at a loss and truly sick of this.

I've been a Ford guy for 20 years ever since Dodge screwed my dad with warranty work.. we have a 19 Raptor, a 20 7.3 Superduty, and a 21 Mustang convertible. Im about to sell them all and rebrand.

Sorry for the rant. This has dragged on almost a year at this point.
I find it hard to believe your local ford dealership would not schedule an appointment as it gets paid for the work directly from ford. I’m sure they were out 3 or 4 weeks but look how long you have waited.

OP
OP
19Stripper

19Stripper

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe your local ford dealership would not schedule an appointment as it gets paid for the work directly from ford. I’m sure they were out 3 or 4 weeks but look how long you have waited.
I tried to get into any local dealer (4 different ones at that) for over 6 months. I live less than a quater mile from a ford dealer and the srrvice guy literally wouldnt schedule me. Everytime i would press him he qould reply with "I would take it somewhere else." Obviously they don't want to do it. I can't force them to either.

OP
OP
19Stripper

19Stripper

Reaction score
Do you mean cam phasers?
Reprogram doesn’t help if they’re already making noise.

Oil loss: leaking or consumption??

Water on floorboard, TSB posted on this forum, do a search. Easy fix. Don’t wait for the “water guy”.

Turbo wastegate rattle or connector thingy?
Cam Phasers yes. My bad. They required the reprogram prior to completing the repair and said I had to put at least 500 miles on it after the reprogram before they would replace them.. which they then refused to do.

Theres no oil on my drive way which is concrete so it must be burning somewhere. Ford service person first told me how I am supposed to "check" my oil. So I corrected them by letting them know that there was only 4 quarts in the truck when it was CHANGED after 3500 miles. They then told me to just check my oil. No diagnosis, no attempt to look. Just dismissed it and put the burden on the consumer. I typically check my oil fairly commonly but that was during the worst of winter so I slacked. Still shouldn't be losing that much oil at 50k miles.

I gave them the TSB number and they wanted to address it themselves. The floor board was completely filled with mold so I wanted them to clean it when they did the tsb. I doubt they did that either. I took pictures of the mold. Entire carpet under the floor mat was white.

It's the dogbone connector on the wastegate. I walked the tech guy out to it and showed him the part. Even put my finger on it to demonstrate that the rattle stops. They then blamed it on a heat shield and said they "bent it to fix it." Still rattled. No idea what they bent.

OP
OP
19Stripper

19Stripper

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, I'm in and out of the same boat with my 19. Lost both turbos last week and when I finally got the service manager to call me back he was swamped doing three peoples jobs as two had walked out. Ended the conversation with " you have powertrain coverage to 60k, if she blows you'll get an engine replacement faster than we can get the parts you need. Turbos and cam phasers and the elusive intake manifold gasket. Currently driving it like I stole it waiting for the boom. If mine ever gets fixed definitely not keeping it.
It would be laughable if I didn't need my truck. I work in a building with around 3k people and I literally have multiple people everyday at this point ask me if I have it back. They then laugh when I tell them no. Those Rebel drivers are just loving it.