GEN 1 Ridge Grapplers or Duratracs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Live in the DC area and down to the Ridge Grapplers and the Duratracs. Had Duratracs on my old king ranch and they were great but sold my truck before I could put too many miles on them to see how the wear.

Which would you go with and why...remember in DC so we don't get that much snow but last year we got a few feet in a short amount of time.

My thoughts thus far....
Goodyears great snow/wet traction wear quicker.

Nitto great AT tire and last longer than Goodyear

The ridge Grapplers are so new I'm having trouble finding reviews...I know they are nitto's version of the RTs so I've been ready their reviews to try and get a feel for the ridge Grapplers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Terrain_Eric

Reaction score
I just put duratracs on my truck. They did amazing in the rain as far as traction goes. My BFGs always slipped when any sort of throttle was applied. They look nice as well. 315/70R17s

83a61f2e2d0203f674f981c4bafb2459.jpg

15469293101fb28151de3816844b6921.jpg

7faed2c7b6f88d85d4c23c5339c470b1.jpg

765b1197cd74c6e6330f018a8677e197.jpg

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you stand to see much snow I'd go Duratrac. If maybe only a couple snowfalls you'll be fine with the RG's. I have had my RT's in the snow a few times and you have to be pretty cautious on the hard pack. They do however work well in the deep stuff. The RG looks to have a few more sipes than the RT so it might have a slight advantage vs RT in the snow.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Living in Denver, I'm on my second set of Duratracs on the Raptor and I think they're great. No complaints. They've been good in the sand too.

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Living in Denver, I'm on my second set of Duratracs on the Raptor and I think they're great. No complaints. They've been good in the sand too.

How miles are you getting out of them?

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

If you stand to see much snow I'd go Duratrac. If maybe only a couple snowfalls you'll be fine with the RG's. I have had my RT's in the snow a few times and you have to be pretty cautious on the hard pack. They do however work well in the deep stuff. The RG looks to have a few more sipes than the RT so it might have a slight advantage vs RT in the snow.

Thanks for the info

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How miles are you getting out of them?

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Thanks for the info

Probably in the realm of 25-30,000. Though some of those are hard off-road miles.

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably in the realm of 25-30,000. Though some of those are hard off-road miles.

Yea that's what I was worried about...I have almost 42k on my stockers and they have a little life left...figured the RGs would have a longer life span

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea that's what I was worried about...I have almost 42k on my stockers and they have a little life left...figured the RGs would have a longer life span

For comparison's sake, I also got about 25K out of my stockers ;)