Ride Quality - TRX vs Raptor 37 Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hellohithere

Reaction score
Has anyone owned both the TRX and current gen Raptor with the 37 package? I'm looking for thoughts and experiences on ride quality comparisons between these two. My TRX should be delivered sometime before September, but I've never ridden in one. I have ridden in a Raptor 37 pack though and would love to know what other owners' thoughts are on the differences or similarities.

RaptorAddict1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't owned a TRX but I have driven a friends. The TRX rides good. You can tell its heavy but it still feels lighter than it should. Having said that the Raptor has a better overall chassis and is much more responsive. The Raptor feels much lighter than the TRX while maintaining a great ride quality. I think the Raptor takes the cake on this category.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TRX rides noticeably softer than a “regular” Ram 1500 but it’s a lil hard to compare b/c the Rams I’ve driven/ridden in all had 20” or 21” wheels & they’re a good bit lighter than a TRX. My friend has a ‘19 Ram loaded up on 21”s (I think) & it has air ride & def rides nice…I think it’s smoother on regular stuff vs the TRX which is a bit “busier” & feeds more road feel
Into the wheel vs a regular Ram, but on potholes & offroad the TRX is clearly absorbing that stuff w/ much less fuss

That being said it doesn’t handle that stuff better than my ‘20 Gen2 Raptor which overall rides softer/smoother than the TRXs I’ve driven/ridden in, except for those mid corner bumps under throttle esp in 2wd where the rear leafs unsettle - of course, that’s no longer an issue w/ the Gen3 - which I have yet to drive- however that would lead me to believe the Gen3 Raptor, ESPECIALLY on 37”s is going to be a better ride in all conditions over a TRX