Ride after rebuilt shocks and mid perch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried looking for the answer but couldn't find exactly what i am looking for. This past weekend i put on rebuilt front shocks from forged off road. They are stage with flutter stack. it is also set to mid perch. My question is has anyone noticed excessive steering play when you hit a bump/hole with just one wheel. Is this normal because the spring is now more compressed?

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Tx State

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a shop do it sense i don't have the tools here to do it and the tie rods look like they at eon there good. During normal driving the steering is fine it just seems like when i hit a pot hole or bump with one tire the steering wheels moves a lot. It wasn't like this before the new shocks and lift.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh not so much play then but more feedback from the wheel; then Yes. Mid perch is going to stiffen the front end up...

OP
OP
Tx State

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, makes sense I'm always just paranoid of something going wrong with the truck lol.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is the same on mid perch, it will get worse near the end of the rebuild cycle of the shocks since the dampening gets less effective. There is some play in my steering rack that exaggerates it as well almost time for a new rack.

OP
OP
Tx State

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After some more driving and a tire rotate/ balance i really dont think it is the shocks. When going down the highway and I hit little bumps it pulls my steering wheel hard right. It never really seems to pull it left much if at all. Anyone have any ideas on what to check?

Sernas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I experienced similar situation and after an alignment it was mostly cured

OP
OP
Tx State

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do y'all think it could be the shocks? Overall the ride is a lot worse with just normal driving.