Review: Eibach Front Springs with Deaver +4HD Leafs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
raiderofthelostark

raiderofthelostark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in a 2018 with stock suspension and looking into Deavers based on everyone's enthusiasm... As long as I'm doing the suspension, might as well get some lift, so will do the Eibach's up front. @raiderofthelostark why did you opt for the +2 Deavers with the -1 shackles v just doing the +1 Deavers? Did you do the Aluminum shackles? What's the difference between the standard and HD Deavers?
I went with Eibachs upfront and Deaver +4HDs. The numbers are strange, let me try to explain as best to my knowledge.

Eibachs raise the front 1.75” to level with stock rear.
Deaver +4s raise the rear 1”. Will go down to stock level with about 500lbs of weight
The 2” shackles are a 1” drop to bring the rear to stock level with the Eibachs.

Now that I have my canopy on and some additional weight, I’ll be going back to stock height rear shackles as the rear has dropped about 1/2”

With the rear leafs, you can always start with higher leafs and go down with shackles. If you go lower on the leafs you can’t really go higher.

HDs are built to carry more weight with additional leafs. If you tow and have a need for more payload, that’s what I’d go with. Any Deaver is a big improvement over stocks

9BEF97CA-C54A-4199-950C-7680B413B716.jpeg

Coastal

Reaction score
Appreciate the explanation - I think the +4 Deavers are 2" over stock since there's 2" blocks they're replacing? I do like the stance you achieved though - nice work!

GoDucks

Reaction score
I went with Eibachs upfront and Deaver +4HDs. The numbers are strange, let me try to explain as best to my knowledge.

Eibachs raise the front 1.75” to level with stock rear.
Deaver +4s raise the rear 1”. Will go down to stock level with about 500lbs of weight
The 2” shackles are a 1” drop to bring the rear to stock level with the Eibachs.

Now that I have my canopy on and some additional weight, I’ll be going back to stock height rear shackles as the rear has dropped about 1/2”

With the rear leafs, you can always start with higher leafs and go down with shackles. If you go lower on the leafs you can’t really go higher.

HDs are built to carry more weight with additional leafs. If you tow and have a need for more payload, that’s what I’d go with. Any Deaver is a big improvement over stocks

View attachment 349748
Looks great! I am think about Deavers just for more payload hauling, don't really need lift, an inch is fine with me.

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i bought my 2020 6 months ago and the rear springs were already sagged. I switched to Deavers +1” of ride height. So much happier now.
I'd love to sell you my Eibach springs. They are on the truck in my Avitar. $225 plus shipping. They are in great shape, truck is at 42.5" in front both sides...upgrading to King 3.0..Thanks 831 760 2701

AP3X_FTW

Reaction score
Glad to see another review. I was actually concerned that +3 HD would make the rear sit a bit too high for my liking, but if this is your experience with +4HD then i know that I'll be right where I want to be.

The squat while towing with the stock leafs is insane, especially when you have Eibachs up front.

teamster

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the GVWR is changed at all by the modifications to the suspension. The Eibach and Deavers are obviously much beefier than stock, and I'm guessing it'll raise the viable weight limit. Any thought to how much?

AvalancheGrey2017

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the GVWR is changed at all by the modifications to the suspension. The Eibach and Deavers are obviously much beefier than stock, and I'm guessing it'll raise the viable weight limit. Any thought to how much?
Curious on this as well. Or could there be more to the capacity ratings based on frame etc....not an engineer haha

teamster

Reaction score
I'm sure it's a little of column A, little of column B. Certainly the frame and other parts of the truck affect the overall GVWR, but I have a hunch that the stock suspension is the weakest link in the chain.
Curious on this as well. Or could there be more to the capacity ratings based on frame etc....not an engineer haha