Review: Alcon Brakes for Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were originally designed for armored vehicles as I understand it. Weight savings was last on the list. My brackets should be here tomorrow. I ordered the right 4 bolt ones from Alconkits. Hope they didn't screw it up.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They were originally designed for armored vehicles as I understand it. Weight savings was last on the list. My brackets should be here tomorrow. I ordered the right 4 bolt ones from Alconkits. Hope they didn't screw it up.

Fair enough, weight isn't on my list of huge concerns either. Just an observation.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I ordered my 4 hole they sent an email to confirm it was not the 2 hole (giggity).

PSA: Do NOT order your brackets without your calipers in hand. Then make sure you order the correct brackets, not the year of your truck. Go off the calipers you have received.
Where the F**k were you a couple months ago??? LOL

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Where the F**k were you a couple months ago??? LOL

Said the same thing, a few pages back. Post #109

My brackets shipped and should be in hand Monday. Still waiting on brake likes before I install.

It depends on the style of brake caliper you get, determines which bracket you need. I ordered a sent of Roush take offs that have the new style of mounting, for 2021+ trucks. Will still work on my 2018. The bracket mounting holes did not change, just the caliper.

Here are mine, with the updated 4 rear holes instead of the top mount.

View attachment 355081

There is some banter back and forth in this thread, but also a lot of good information. If anyone has questions just ask. Someone will get you an answer.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well my brackets came in yesterday... hope to carve out some time this weekend to get everything installed. Just using Alcon pads out back as I have a 2020. Have to admit I'm as excited as @Oldfart at a petting farm full of goats! :p This is something I've wanted to address since day one.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Said the same thing, a few pages back. Post #109

I know, that post is actually how I figured what I did wrong. For 10 minutes I was looking at the brackets looking at the Caliper think how in h*** is this supposed to work. Lets go check FRF.......

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Quick side note, I've not pulled them out yet but heard the brackets are steel as well. If so, do they have a finish or do they need to be painted?
They are steel. Probably depends on where you live, I live in a very low humidity area. Rust is not an issue here. I was just going to run them straight out of the box.

They are very well machined, almost polished. . In my experience you would need to rough them up a bit for paint to stick.