Review: Alcon Brakes for Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got "tracking label created" for my brackets, so maybe tomorrow I can see a delivery date. Now have to go back and decide on what fluid to order. Wish I could still get the racing blue.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I received my Brackets, but they are the wrong ones. 2 hole top mount and I need 4 hole side mount.

I was unaware of this issue as was the vendor. If anyone can use these let me know, if not they go back in the next couple of days.

The correct ones are scheduled for 11-9-22

Weird thing is on the set I received one bracket the bolts that bolt bracket to knuckle were mass produced (high quality but massed produced) the other bracket the bolts were CNC machined pieces of art. (Bolts holding the caliper to bracket where mass produced also)

Someone should tell Alcon there is a new fancy metal called Aluminum it is lighter, and easier to machine. All the cool manufacturers use it.

I bet a chunk of the cost is to pay for tooling. The Brackets weigh 4ish pounds each.