Review: Alcon Brakes for Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Anyone know why these kits don’t fit the gen 3 trucks but fit the regular 21+ f150s? I don’t see why the calipers would be any different, maybe different brackets?
More than likely it's due to space between the caliper and factory wheels. I had an issue with my Method 305 20" but appears that the 105 17" fit with the supplied 7mm spacers.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than likely it's due to space between the caliper and factory wheels. I had an issue with my Method 305 20" but appears that the 105 17" fit with the supplied 7mm spacers.

Thanks, if they’re going to introduce some wild redesign with a premium markup I’d rather just order the roush calipers, 21+ brackets, and a thicker spacer or new wheels.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Thanks, if they’re going to introduce some wild redesign with a premium markup I’d rather just order the roush calipers, 21+ brackets, and a thicker spacer or new wheels.
You can check out my build thread for the problems I ran into on my '18.

Post in thread 'Nex Gen 2 Build' https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/nex-gen-2-build.86192/post-1795056

You can also just order the brakes, brackets and take a gamble at them fitting the Gen 3 factory wheels. Be the test dummy.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Method 105 17" beadlocks fit with the supplied 7mm spacers. Zero offset.

Very nice. Curious how many turns you got on the front lugs with the spacers installed? My gen2 had longer lugs in the back, so I’m curious how much thread engagement you got on the fronts with a 7mm spacer in the equation.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I didn't install the wheels myself, no time. But my guy has done this a few times and would have told me if they were not safe. We were looking at longer front studs to run the 20" 305s instead of buying new wheels.

He has another customer that ran into the same issues with Alcon brake/wheel combo that they are going the longer stud route. I just saw it as an opportunity to switch over to beadlocks.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't install the wheels myself, no time. But my guy has done this a few times and would have told me if they were not safe. We were looking at longer front studs to run the 20" 305s instead of buying new wheels.

He has another customer that ran into the same issues with Alcon brake/wheel combo that they are going the longer stud route. I just saw it as an opportunity to switch over to beadlocks.

That is super interesting to hear. I spent 4 months searching and could not find any product available…anywhere from any vendor that made longer studs for our trucks, 1.5 pitch or even 2.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Could have just went with bead grip and saved a bunch of time and spacers :p