Review: Alcon Brakes for Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This,
That is the driver for all of this mass. Durability in the craziest of scenarios. Comparing these brakes to the offerings from Brembo in Willwood is not an apple to apples comparison. The team that designed these brakes design for really heavy armored SUV/Truck applications where using stock wheels is a requirement. Stopping a heavy vehicle sooner/shorter and with less fade; I really dig that.
Sounds like they are multi hit capable by 7.62 …

BigTaco

Reaction score
From what i've been told and read, the plastic Ford/Fox guards aren't available on their own.

The newest option from Mr. Greg Foutz is his full replacement guard that replaces the plastic on that shock. It's what I plan to order in the next couple weeks when I swap out my current stuff for the eclik conversion.

Sounds like they are multi hit capable by 7.62 …
Probably something like that. I wonder what spec actually is that they build to…

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh that's right. I completely forgot about that design flaw. It's a silly idea , because now you MUST buy at least 5 new tires and wheels. So it's at least another $500-600 per. Anyone paying retail prices is gonna cough up at least $8K plus the installation cost. Yikes!

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do us a solid and test the braking distance before and after the mod, please. Real-world results are the best kind. Besides, you know you want to ;)

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen two if not three back to back tests. All showing significant reductions in braking distances. What i have not seen is average joe with a Gtech/whatever box doing it. I CAN say that I can shut the truck down in WAY shorter distances on the aforementioned offending off ramps.

ToddReynolds

Reaction score
The Alcon kit was one of the biggest upgrades to our truck to match the power and suspension that this truck comes with from the factory.

If you have a truck with the electronic rear parking brake, you cannot run the full Alcon rear BBK. You can run the Alcon pad and rotor upgrade kit.

We have all the Alcon kits in stock along with free shipping and feel free to send me a PM for forum pricing.

Front BBK: Alcon 2009-2020 Ford F-150/Raptor Front Brake Kit - BKF1559BE11
Rear BBK: Alcon 2009-2018 Ford F-150/Raptor Rear Brake Kit - BKR5059D07
Rear Rotor/Pad Upgrade: Ford F-150/Raptor Rear Brake Upgrade for Electronic Rear Parking Brake Trucks - BKR3430X1227

You're correct. The tolerance is so tight that there is no way to confirm fitment before install. As @nikhsub1 mentioned, Ford used multiple manufacturers for the factory tie rods across the 2017 through 2020 trucks and there's no real rhyme or reason to it. We highly recommend that everyone purchase them with their front brake kit and we offer completely free returns if you don't use them or don't need them. That way you have them during install if your truck requires them and you don't have to wait for shipping time to get them after you've taken your truck apart.
Nick, can you run the new Roush Alcon front kit on the Gen 1? If so, which brackets would I need and is there a rotor pad upgrade for the rear to balance out? Thanks in advance

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nick, can you run the new Roush Alcon front kit on the Gen 1? If so, which brackets would I need and is there a rotor pad upgrade for the rear to balance out? Thanks in advance
I'm not sure if they will work or not. The "Roush" kits were never meant to be made available to the public. Roush ordered a bunch of F-150 kits from Alcon. They never used them. Then sold all of them for pennies on the dollar to some guy with an eBay account and that's how they made their way to the public. That said, the only way to get a kit would be to get one from eBay, if there are any left.

The real Alcon kit will fit the Gen 1 and they are available for both front and rear axles as full BBKs with new calipers, rotors, and pads. We have them in stock, ready to ship, and on sale right now.

On the Gen 1, you will need a heimed tie rod end to complete the install. We offer the Alcon/ADD kits as well as RPG and SVC.

Front Kit: https://apollo-optics.com/alcon-2009-2020-ford-f-150-raptor-front-brake-kit-bkf1559be11/
Rear Kit: https://apollo-optics.com/alcon-2009-2018-ford-f-150-raptor-rear-brake-kit-bkr5059d07/