Reverting back to stock (no-nav) head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IIIBusta

Reaction score
Hello All,

Is there any way to revert back to stock head unit on my 2011. The previous owner installed an Alpine ILX-107 with wireless Apple Carplay. I'm a heavy Android user.

I want the stock non-nav head unit back in.

Anyone want to trade in the socal area (92627) ? if it's doable.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why not just get an android auto radio instead? the ilx isnt the greatest head unit anyways. pioneer makes a decent android auto head unit

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what it would take to upgrade your unit to the oem nav system. There are plenty of wrecked raptors out there so it shouldn't be an issue to locate one

OP
OP
IIIBusta

IIIBusta

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I wonder if any there's any head units that I can use the existing harness? and just replace the main unit.

Would I have to stick with Alpine for this to work?

Thanks

outasense

Reaction score
Hello All,

Is there any way to revert back to stock head unit on my 2011. The previous owner installed an Alpine ILX-107 with wireless Apple Carplay. I'm a heavy Android user.

I want the stock non-nav head unit back in.

Anyone want to trade in the socal area (92627) ? if it's doable.
I have been searching for ages! I would love to know if it's possible, and if so what parts I might need to track down! I know it is a bit odd to want to go backwards, but I like the "old school" feel of the non-nav version.

Any luck on finding your answer?

OP
OP
IIIBusta

IIIBusta

Reaction score
I had some luck researching. I ended up using the existing Alpine harness (already installed) which I confirmed worked with a android version of the Alpine unit.

I fully indented to return to stock but the cost was higher.