Reverse mirror tilt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmyduc

Reaction score
anyone had any luck getting mirrors to tilt when in reverse in the Gen 3? Have seen recipes from earlier models, which don't seem to work in my gen 3. The best i can do, is use 3rd memory position for mirror adjustment when backing up. Thanks!

1vision33

Reaction score
anyone had any luck getting mirrors to tilt when in reverse in the Gen 3? Have seen recipes from earlier models, which don't seem to work in my gen 3. The best i can do, is use 3rd memory position for mirror adjustment when backing up. Thanks!
Did you ever get this working or are you still using 3rd memory position? Thanks!

vgzprt

Reaction score
I got it coded with FORSCAN and it shows up in infotainment under Mirrors. It does dip down when in revers but it does not stop dipping down it just keeps on driving the mirror and it skips on its gears and keeps driving it down. When you p[lace it in drive it never returns up to its original position.
So the feature is useless unless someone can figure out how to make it stop and return to its original position once back in drive.
This would be a great feature to have so we can see the tire when reversing. Coming from GMC I could see my front and rare tires on the 360 camera not in Ford The 360 camera views are not that good in my opinion, I also wish the front camera view would show us the parking guide lines.
Thanks guys

vgzprt

Reaction score
Good morning I want to revive this thread to see if there is any progress on the matter. I very much enjoyed the reverse mirror dip in ever other vehicle I ever had other than this Gen3. If anyone has any ides please share. I have played in forscan getting the setting turned on but it dos not work as intended.
Thanks guys

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good morning I want to revive this thread to see if there is any progress on the matter. I very much enjoyed the reverse mirror dip in ever other vehicle I ever had other than this Gen3. If anyone has any ides please share. I have played in forscan getting the setting turned on but it dos not work as intended.
Thanks guys
Try posting this in the “Gen 3 Forscan” thread. You may get some hits there. GL

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No luck for me. One big change for me going g2 to g3 is that the mirrors are so small that I can't see as much, pretty much either need them up to see other cars or down to back into spots