GEN 2 Reverse Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For recessed options we offer S1 and S2 kits which fit nicely in there

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-s2-flush-mount-reverse-light-kit/
image__44756.1593486658.png

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-s1-flush-mount-reverse-light-kit/
image__69851.1586439545.png

With each of our Reverse Kits you can add on our optional upfitter harness wire. This is a really nice harness that connects both pairs to your upfitters AND allows you to connect the tail light as well, so the lights come on automatically when in reverse. What's nice is when you activate the lights from your upfitter using our harness, we DO NOT back feed your factory reverse lights, so you are protecting that circuit. This is great because you can throw some amber covers on your reverse kit and now use them as chase lights on the trails WITHOUT confusing people by having your factory reverse lights on.

Rollofire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the BD S1 lights with 2375 lumens, they really light it up! I put them on an uplifter switch so I can use them while hooking up a trailer or any other light needs

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Rigid D series with an amber cover as chase lights. So I pull the amber covers when not off-road to have bright, white reverse lights. I also use an up-fitter so I can have the high mounted lights that won't turn on in a parking lot or wherever else it might be inappropriate.

That said, earlier today someone outside of FRF recommended these LED bulbs (they have reverse bulbs): https://dieselleds.com/
Here is that guy's truck after replacing one side:
PXL_20210207_153944048.MP.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I use Rigid D series with an amber cover as chase lights. So I pull the amber covers when not off-road to have bright, white reverse lights. I also use an up-fitter so I can have the high mounted lights that won't turn on in a parking lot or wherever else it might be inappropriate.

That said, earlier today someone outside of FRF recommended these LED bulbs (they have reverse bulbs): https://dieselleds.com/
Here is that guy's truck after replacing one side:
PXL_20210207_153944048.MP.jpg

We actually have a Reverse Bulb brighter then anything else on the market, when it comes to plug and play bulbs. 2,920 total lumen back there. However Gen2 Raptors do not have any replaceable bulbs for the tails. The Gen2 Raptors have BLIS so you can't replace the bulbs. However if you had another truck (or a Gen 1 Raptor) you could use our CrystaLux Xtreme Bulbs

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/crystalux-xtreme-series-2-920-lumen-led-reverse-bulbs-pair/

But again these do not work on the Gen2 Raptors with BLIS (or any Ford with BLIS). But here is what they look like on a Gen1 Raptor

image__94254.1606009856.png

image__68970.1606009856.png

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with this exact kit and it is perfect for me. I didn't tap into reverse wiring as I wanted to be the master of my own reverse light domain. It would be a HUGE liability to have them go on each time I hit R where I live. Easy to hit the upfitter 6 in the dark.

ef8Ozhq8qH9HZ0mOl6opSZGPU7rlKwfYhwyfWGRJs2UnKGwi5OoZBe-bUgUQcwSNLIztdyFnU-kgvIfebt-VTtUrJ-FnKMRL0VT9ijaUHdfg-MnS1j5kRJ9xnmFh13uKbfkRYn1Ei2WWaxFekuowSIAJYz09TBgw9AqnO4bNMD28mup62GsLC6ODLNVg2zwzmzGhTlsX3Rs7eHGuQRYkXKEO_2SaZhwWcY4MJI21Q-umMQ5t2p9ZznkrNGCYKeY6bwqC_uWZ28BYzttIUWM61tCHpDpfFq4yzKREHPBIdXP5iyqjbHnUavJMDPVSqQqRcKzTGcWbeiQ6pxHsQAN1THnWz1a1uWybWlLiDBbMXel7CJSg24ocBFq9TrlNP-gfwd2vzEdhvFmrUllWRenMIrGBcE4U1OblMOx7uMaXKlJP0Gca1gV5mXTM054APlvubWVkO0B1NhOCQHcv8BZhiD7DKN-KXA7ZCCLZGJPpkLCMQ8bzCcjbzRr3_I-Loi7fKyzigJv7KRP8TnTLR6Xh1K8-J2NsoZgkVAlutDynSjnFGgcdDKjwVZeEf08-nVSikOlEoaYpRlo9b9H4pYPZmy7YF7szvkLvH2LqGr9x0Y5WlqwEwPJ1VQ48ISiaazQoXcTL3d2t6fhoHiJumGcHhJVafY3q_A5zKDJPyRNCpPOfQ3d1Z8NAStOkgSy1yA=w1291-h969-no

@Devildog1775

No doubt that the factory reverse lights leave a lot to be desired. While we love Baja Designs, the S2 kit is great but for the same amount of money you can get twice the brightness with the S1 kit.

Link to reverse kits: OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

Here's the S1 reverse kit installed and in action:

Hyzm1r2.jpg

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

This looks like a clean look. Water intrusion would be a problem in my region however. I have thought about the goto’s (S1 and S2’s), but to me it takes away from the clean look out back and adds a bit much of the utility truck look. Is there a small and thin higher quality light bar available to mount under the bumper as shown above?

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 161585 View attachment 161584 Not sure how much work you want to do, but I recessed a pair of rigid D series diffused. Excellent light, and cleaner in my opinion than other lights hanging off the bumper.
Nice job. I bought a flush mount set of baja Design lights and getting up the courage to cut the holes to mount them flush. Do you care to share the process you used to flush mount these? As much detail in how you lined up the holes in the main cut out and how you went about cutting the bumper would be much appreciated

Travis B

Reaction score
Nice job. I bought a flush mount set of baja Design lights and getting up the courage to cut the holes to mount them flush. Do you care to share the process you used to flush mount these? As much detail in how you lined up the holes in the main cut out and how you went about cutting the bumper would be much appreciated

Of course. So, I simply used some blue painters tape to overlay and draw on. I then measured out the optimum place for the lights (given that there are several radius is in the area) and then drilled starter holes in the corners and used and air saw to cut out the plates. Please don’t use a grinder, an air saw is the only way to get the lines just right. I then used a deburring tool to ensure the edges were smooth before applying primer and paint to the holes edges. Make sure you have a good set of center punches as you cannot afford to get the holes for the lights off-center. Then simply mount with the included hardware, making sure you don’t over-toque them (again as you are working with a flat plate on a bit of a radius) and then get yourself a tube of black all weather silicone for windows from Home Depot. (Do not use arc/rtv silicone. The kind I’m talking about repels dirt so it always looks clean). Then run the wiring up through the frame. It’s much easier then it sounds. Just use a coat hanger and pull it out some progress holes as you go along. (Remember to tape the ends of the wires together so they don’t keep getting stuck on things they would normally slide by). Let me know if you have any more questions. Hopefully I answered your question. Flush mount kicks ass. 7E117372-1E85-45D2-8B45-334A6A8C8931.jpegD2082BDF-D936-42A4-A08E-CF9A98DB8AED.jpeg430B7C4B-59DB-4B1E-8D9C-19EF790D274A.jpeg

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here are mine. Mounting hardware blacked out, 1 piece of smoked film over the lenses. PLENTY of light, barely noticeable and makes a world of difference when backing up..... Top pic shows the film over only the driver's side light at that point.

F9RJ9I.jpg

9JM39r.jpg

gMZlTu.jpg