Reverse Light Wire Color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WARP6

Reaction score
I just installed my S1's today and tapped into the green/brown wire in the light harness. Lights work but I get the collision alert when it goes into reverse. My tail light plug is the wide/flat style, I used position #4 green/brown wire. Gonna dig into it again tomorrow

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
+1; reverse light signal from the trailer plug. Take yes for an answer ;-)

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
You need to tap into your tail light wiring harness. The wire you are tapping into is indeed the Green wire with Brown stripe
View attachment 133469
(bottom left wire)

If you are using the Baja Designs upfitter connection (or honestly any t-Tap) you'll find they tend to work themselves out. What I'd recommend you do is strip back a bit of the wire so you see bare copper wire, and then put the crimp connector on it. This will ensure metal on wire connection.

If you still have issues after that you may have a short somewhere.

Chaulk your wheels
Throw the e-brake on
Throw truck in reverse
Now with a voltmeter (and both lights disconnected) check the harness where each light would plug in and verify voltage.
Are you finding this tail light wiring harness at the tail light or at the fuse box?
Also, I unplugged the three bottom plugs at the fuse box then plugged them back in (that is all I did.) Now the small reverse light in the tailgate will not turn off. Any ideas?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are you finding this tail light wiring harness at the tail light or at the fuse box?
Also, I unplugged the three bottom plugs at the fuse box then plugged them back in (that is all I did.) Now the small reverse light in the tailgate will not turn off. Any ideas?

What product are you using exactly? The kits we sell include instructions for all of this.

It's at the tail light...

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
I am installing the GJ Motorsports 3rd brake light with 3 Baja Design lights. The directions say to tie into the green/brown wire at the fuse panel on connection C2280C. The wires are tightly packed in there to do that.
The small reverse light in the tailgate finally turned off. It just took a long time.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am installing the GJ Motorsports 3rd brake light with 3 Baja Design lights. The directions say to tie into the green/brown wire at the fuse panel on connection C2280C. The wires are tightly packed in there to do that.
The small reverse light in the tailgate finally turned off. It just took a long time.

Gotcha, this thread is about regular reverse lights. The GJ kit is different. You'll use the wires in the passenger kick panel to tap into your reverse circuit.