Reverse camera issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowpoke58

Reaction score
Aloha. When I put truck into reverse, the back up camera screen sometimes goes gray with lines across screen, and then some times it works.

anyone seen, know about, or have recommendation for a solution?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aloha. When I put truck into reverse, the back up camera screen sometimes goes gray with lines across screen, and then some times it works.

anyone seen, know about, or have recommendation for a solution?
Welcome to the place, where in HAWAII are you? Got any pics of your truck?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine failed. The camera assembly costs $478.77, the Ford emblem costs $42.44 (the camera cannot be R&R'd without destroying the emblem), and the labor as charged by my local Ford dealership was $240. Total: $761.21

nd3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the camera that I got off Amazon.. I first replaced the harness which didn't correct the issue and then I bought this camera and it worked like a charm! I ended up buying the wrong replacement emblem so it didn't snap back in so I just glued it in place.. Guess I could have ordered the correct one from Ford as the fella mentioned above.. My total cost was about $150 as opposed to what he paid at the dealer.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the camera that I got off Amazon.. I first replaced the harness which didn't correct the issue and then I bought this camera and it worked like a charm! I ended up buying the wrong replacement emblem so it didn't snap back in so I just glued it in place.. Guess I could have ordered the correct one from Ford as the fella mentioned above.. My total cost was about $150 as opposed to what he paid at the dealer.

Hey nd3, How did this camera work compared to oem? I replaced mine with one from the camera source and it was clearly NOT as good as the original. It isnt as clear or bright, and it doesn't stay on when you shift out of reverse like the OEM one did. It does work and was plug and play, but clearly not on the same level. I think I even paid more than the Amazon camera too.

nd3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey nd3, How did this camera work compared to oem? I replaced mine with one from the camera source and it was clearly NOT as good as the original. It isnt as clear or bright, and it doesn't stay on when you shift out of reverse like the OEM one did. It does work and was plug and play, but clearly not on the same level. I think I even paid more than the Amazon camera too.
Dude, mine worked just like stock. None of the issues that you just described.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, mine worked just like stock. None of the issues that you just described.
Good to know. I had to replace the emblem with the newer style so it should just be a camera swap and I saved the stock wiring harness. So someday when I've had enough of it, I'll pick one up. Thanks for the link