Reverse camera issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I've seen in the Ford Flex world the aftermarket replacement cameras have a lesser quality than the OEM one. The "best" aftermarket one is like 170 dollars, OEM is like 250 dollars, and there's some crappy ones for like 90 dollars.

OP
OP
S

slowpoke58

Reaction score
Mine failed. The camera assembly costs $478.77, the Ford emblem costs $42.44 (the camera cannot be R&R'd without destroying the emblem), and the labor as charged by my local Ford dealership was $240. Total: $761.21
Mahalo for your response

PD1744

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, sounds like you need a new camera. Check out posts 29 & 30 in my intro thread for my experience. I used The Camera Source for the replacement. I paid $215.25 out the door for camera and new emblem by using code F150FORUM for $30 (15%) off. I'm still happy with mine. Like I mentioned in the thread, I think it's got a crisper resolution than my factory camera. The only downside is you will lose that zoom function (which I never used) and the delay between shifting to reverse and the camera coming on screen (at least when you first power the vehicle on) is noticeably slow (I don't remember if the factory camera was like this). But other than that, I've not experienced any issues. Somebody mentioned that theirs doesn't stay on when you shift to drive, but mine still does. You can change that in your camera settings. Hope that helps.